The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, more inflation.

There isn't much evidence that those checks contributed to inflation. 

The European Union, China, and other nations are all experiencing inflation. They didn't coordinate stimulus checks like we did, which suggests that inflation is being driven by supply chain bottlenecks and low interest rates - which are pretty much universal. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This virus, like all other viruses, is going to mutate.  We need to be learning how to live with it knowing people are going to get it.  Lot's of people are going to believe the BS and not get vaccinated.

We can not continually shut down parts of the economy and life because of this.

Agreed. Protect the at risk, assuming they want to be protected, and move on.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

So, question that I haven't found an answer for.

I'm vaccinated since the spring.  I just got out of quarantine a few days before Thanksgiving from having a breakthrough case.

So.....would you wait a few months to get the booster hoping that it's been updated with new variants?  I have a chance to get it tomorrow if I want it.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm vaccinated since the spring.  I just got out of quarantine a few days before Thanksgiving from having a breakthrough case.

So.....would you wait a few months to get the booster hoping that it's been updated with new variants?  I have a chance to get it tomorrow if I want it.

People I know that got the original vaccination close to having it got sick, and a few pretty sick.  Booster?  Not sure.

42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wouldn’t that be a good question for your doctor?  

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

There isn't much evidence that those checks contributed to inflation. 

The European Union, China, and other nations are all experiencing inflation. They didn't coordinate stimulus checks like we did, which suggests that inflation is being driven by supply chain bottlenecks and low interest rates - which are pretty much universal. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/business/economy/fed-inflation-stimulus-biden.html

The new paper comes down somewhere in the middle, finding that the spending had some effect on inflation but suggesting that it is most likely to be temporary. The economists estimated that it would add 0.3 percentage points to the core Personal Consumption Expenditures inflation index in 2021 and “a bit more” than 0.2 percentage points in 2022. Core inflation strips out volatile items like food and fuel.

• Thanks 1