BigRedBuster

Covid-19 Legislation

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is there anyone in our government that has stated that they want to bail out the cruise industries like Carnival?

I know this guy wants bailed out and it's a crazy thought that pisses me off.  But, I don't know if I've actually seen anyone in power promote the idea.

Just Trump.

• Plus1 1

Hey guys, youre never going to believe this but they are going to screw regular people out of their portion of the stimulus package. But im sure the billionaires already got their bailout. Now back to your regular scheduled programming of some members on this board licking the boots of the political establishment...

• Plus1 1

This should have been so easy...it is so lame that moron R's and Moron D's could not just do a bill JUST FOR US AND MAKE IT SIMPLE.

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Hey guys, youre never going to believe this but they are going to screw regular people out of their portion of the stimulus package. But im sure the billionaires already got their bailout. Now back to your regular scheduled programming of some members on this board licking the boots of the political establishment...

The list of who might not get stimulus money keeps growing.  Weird that they bungled this!

Of course it is growing...your D's and R's don't care about us, why would they?  The letter they carry doesn't matter.  

I'm confused by this tweet.  The top says, that it's been fixed and they don't need to file.  But, the bottom says they do. I can't read the article, but the headline to the article claims it's been reversed and fixed.

This is why they should have just cut a check to everyone and just taxed it on the back end next year when people over X requirement don't need it.

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Gotta, gotta, gotta vote him out in November.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Gotta, gotta, gotta vote him out in November.

Were talking about Kentucky here. Dont count on it. 

Anyone else hearing that this is just an advance on your next year's income tax return? 

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Anyone else hearing that this is just an advance on your next year's income tax return? 

That would be a big departure from all of the previous communication.  From the linked below article "This payment is not taxable income. Instead, it is an advance refund on the taxes you will owe for 2020. If it turns out that you would not qualify for the money based on your 2020 tax return, you do not have to return it.  It’s yours to keep.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/whos-eligible-for-covid-19-stimulus-checks-your-questions-answered.html

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That would be a big departure from all of the previous communication.  From the linked below article "This payment is not taxable income. Instead, it is an advance refund on the taxes you will owe for 2020. If it turns out that you would not qualify for the money based on your 2020 tax return, you do not have to return it.  It’s yours to keep.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/whos-eligible-for-covid-19-stimulus-checks-your-questions-answered.html

Thank you. I've been searching this off and on for a while, but the bold sentence is the piece I keep missing.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That would be a big departure from all of the previous communication.  From the linked below article "This payment is not taxable income. Instead, it is an advance refund on the taxes you will owe for 2020. If it turns out that you would not qualify for the money based on your 2020 tax return, you do not have to return it.  It’s yours to keep.”

So, if I normally get around $1800 in refunds, next year will only be $600 because of stimulus, but if I were only to get $600, the rest is a bonus?

Just now, knapplc said:

Thank you. I've been searching this off and on for a while, but the bold sentence is the piece I keep missing.

Accountants never make the wording of items very clear, and I work in Finance.  Until the last sentence you bolded, it's still unclear commentary.