Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Shot:

47 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The only thing I know for sure is no one on this board or in this country knows what the hell is actually going on. You only know what the latest fake facts your being fed.

Chaser:

48 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It’s really funny actually our country is inflating the bad news and other countries are deflating the bad news trying to claim they have it under control.

:blink:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

besides football what all is shut down currently? 

k-12, higher ed (e learning is crap), pools, church, restaurants, museums, any kind of sports or extra curricular, any kind of organized social event such as a fair or festival, concerts, bars, quite a few other things im forgetting probably

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

people who want to shut everything down until there is a vaccine.

you are in charge of your own health.  i wear a mask because its the courteous thing to do but you really need to stop worrying about what others do.  you have ZERO control over them.

yes lots of people like this i see it every day

So....who are these people who want to shut the entire country down?  I have not seen anyone on here say that. I would even think the teachers that teach works with don’t believe that. 

i don’t know anyone in real life that belies that. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So....who are these people who want to shut the entire country down?  I have not seen anyone on here say that. I would even think the teachers that teach works with don’t believe that. 

None of the teachers that I teach with want my school shut down...BUT...almost all think we will be shut down in like a month.

We want to be at school.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

k-12, higher ed (e learning is crap), pools, church, restaurants, museums, any kind of sports or extra curricular, any kind of organized social event such as a fair or festival, concerts, bars, quite a few other things im forgetting probably

You live in Illinois? Schools are decided by the institution or district, but pretty much all that other stuff is currently allowed to be open it seems to me. Now I don't live there, but thats what your governor said over a month ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s what I thought. 

Like...I get it...I get that on TV they show the protesting teachers, it makes for a better story.

Since Monday I have been at school and practice...No one wants to be at home teaching.  I sort of don't want to coach because the kids I have are horrible but still...I have a a covid "survivor" on my staff, he is all in...I have a 45 year teaching vet on the staff, he is all in...

Do I hate wearing a mask to teach and coach in all day, yes.  Very much so.

8 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

Ummmm....not where I live and not where I travel for work. 

wait.....did you go into your bunker in March and not realize almost all of that has opened back up?

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't believe you. What you are saying has been debunked over and over again. Hospitals get no extra money from COVID deaths. 1400 deaths a day on top of what we already have is absolutely significant. Thats nearly heart disease level which is the deadliest disease in the US. Mortality rate is going down but anyone with a brain knew it wasn't 3.4%. Best estimate has been 0.5%-1% for awhile now and that is still the best estimate. 

Hospitals get a 20% kicker from

CMS for COVID patients.  It’s legislation from the CARES Act. 

the thing to look out for is what the death talley is the next 2 years once Covid deaths significantly fall.  Vast majority of deaths are in age group 70 and above.  How many of those people that unfortunately passed away with Covid diagnosis would have passed away within the next 24 months anyways?   If Covid is under control by March/April of next year, will the 2021 and 2022 death count be lower than what’s normally expected because of those who passed away in 2020.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3