The "Jason Peter Has An Opinion" Thread

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Imagine when we start winning games.......Seems so long ago.

In regard to Iowa, I'm not sure I'll soon forget the 56-14 beating they put on Mike Riley.

Riley was blown out his last two games against Iowa.  Frost has made them competitive....two straight three point losses.

Iowa has won the last 5 against us.  That is very very close to changing.

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, TheSker said:

In regard to Iowa, I'm not sure I'll soon forget the 56-14 beating they put on Mike Riley.

Riley was blown out his last two games against Iowa.  Frost has made them competitive....two straight three point losses.

Iowa has won the last 5 against us.  That is very very close to changing.

It wasn't a dig at Frost.  It was a dig against the subpar crap show I have become painfully numb to........What makes you think we close to changing this?  Not disagreeing, just wondering.  Sadly, we were truly a play or two away from going at least 7-5 those first two seasons.  We just couldn't find a way to catch the break and all the other teams did...A new DL, no receiver with a catch save Wan'dale (hoping JD comes back), new OC and one of the top toughest schedules this year....I am in for the long hall.  Mentioned as much in another thread about needing continuity.  That keeping Frost for the duration of his contract is not only the best option, but might be the only one...

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

It wasn't a dig at Frost.  It was a dig against the subpar crap show I have become painfully numb to........What makes you think we close to changing this?  Not disagreeing, just wondering.  Sadly, we were truly a play or two away from going at least 7-5 those first two seasons.  We just couldn't find a way to catch the break and all the other teams did...A new DL, no receiver with a catch save Wan'dale (hoping JD comes back), new OC and one of the top toughest schedules this year....I am in for the long hall.  Mentioned as much in another thread about needing continuity.  That keeping Frost for the duration of his contract is not only the best option, but might be the only one...

The incoming talent is better than the outgoing (including transfers) talent.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Ya you keep saying that yet it hasn't proven to be true

This isn't basketball.  You don't realize the potential of your incoming talent in football for at least 2 years and in most cases it takes 3-4 years.  This season we should start to see some of the new regimes talents as upper class men but it will really be in 2021 and 2022 before we get to see what the Frost kids can really do.   

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

This isn't basketball.  You don't realize the potential of your incoming talent in football for at least 2 years and in most cases it takes 3-4 years.  This season we should start to see some of the new regimes talents as upper class men but it will really be in 2021 and 2022 before we get to see what the Frost kids can really do.   

It hasn't been proven to us (fans) that incoming talent is better than outgoing.  But the staff knows.  They do all sorts of testing each year and in each camp.  They know who their best players are.  And where our roster is weak too.  But you're right--it does take at least two years for us fans to get a decent gauge of player talent.  

I agree that incoming talent is better than outgoing.  It absolutely has to be.  Just look at the huge exodus of talent after Mike Riley got fired.  The guys who voluntarily left after Riley's departure were among the most talented on the roster.     

Twitter (and other people who take Twitter as fact?) is so stupid. It is a known gig in recruiting for fans from other teams to make burners to make fans of rival teams look crazy/mean. No one knows if @Bloody1130 isn't just an Iowa fan lol. 

That said, I will not have a single problem with fans saying whatever they want to to Clester Johnson if we beat Iowa this year. 

LEAVE THE KID ALONE. 

But I hope his dad just gets roasted if we win this year. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Twitter (and other people who take Twitter as fact?) is so stupid. It is a known gig in recruiting for fans from other teams to make burners to make fans of rival teams look crazy/mean. No one knows if @Bloody1130 isn't just an Iowa fan lol. 

That said, I will not have a single problem with fans saying whatever they want to to Clester Johnson if we beat Iowa this year. 

LEAVE THE KID ALONE. 

But I hope his dad just gets roasted if we win this year. 

Why would Clester get roasted if NU beats Iowa this year?  Clester didn't make the decision to go to Iowa, his son did.  I fail to see what Clester did wrong here?

• Plus1 4