Police Reform

12 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

If someone I follow retweets another account, I see it.

However, I happen to be against defunding the police, and I...as well as many others...predicted this type of thing would happen, so I thought it was relevant to this discussion.

I believe the vast majority of Americans are against defunding the police.  That also includes the vast majority of politicians on both sides.  Defunding was a thing last year with a very vocal extreme minority.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I believe the vast majority of Americans are against defunding the police.  That also includes the vast majority of politicians on both sides.  Defunding was a thing last year with a very vocal extreme minority.

Agreed. And now some municipalities are seeing the results of listening to/acting on those minority extremist views.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

51 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I’m not a huge Corey Booker fan, I hate overdramatic politicians.  But this might have been real emotion.  :lol:   Time to put the belief that the Democratic Party wants to defund the police.

He seems to be a pretty good actor.  Could probably be in movies.  But he needs to learn how to get a suit jacket tailored.   I mean did he just buy it off the rack at JC Penney’s?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

All the comments I have seen since then indicate it was, in fact satirical, if not actual sarcasm. 

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, I guess.

Tommy Tuberville introduced an Amendment on the Infrastructure Deal that asked everyone in the Senate to vote yes or no on funding police and a public show of support for law enforcement.

Booker responded to the Amendment with emphatic support.  (yes, I agree it was way over the top and ridiculous)

The Senate voted on the Amendment and it passed 99-0.

I think Booker is theatrical, no doubt.  But his votes literally match his performance.  Along with every other Dem that voted.  

https://yellowhammernews.com/tuberville-passes-amendment-to-strip-funding-of-local-governments-that-defund-police-departments/