Police Reform

27 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Pieces of s#!t. I hope the family takes that department for all they’re worth

What the f*** do you expect a father to do if his door gets kicked in in the middle of the night and he’s got his two kids with him?

It's disgusting and stupid.  They made a mistake and they just keep compounding on top of it with more mistakes instead of admitting their initial mistake.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Pieces of s#!t. I hope the family takes that department for all they’re worth

What the f*** do you expect a father to do if his door gets kicked in in the middle of the night and he’s got his two kids with him?

And as if 10 seconds in the middle of the night is ample time to get your mind right from a deep sleep and answer the door.   This stuff needs to stop 

• Plus1 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 4:37 AM, BigRedBuster said:

This is disgusting. 

Do any of these reports ask why stolen computer equipment justifies a 4:30 am armed invasion, regardless of warrant? 

Is there any reason why you wouldn't knock on the door at say, 10 in the morning, show your warrant (and your armed response team) and inspect the premise as the warrant allows?  And isn't that scenario actually safer for the police, for reasons the gonzo assault force made clear?  Couldn't the whole Breonna Taylor case have been easily avoided, too?

Seriously, the issue is systemic policy, and it's not like you can't study it. 

• Plus1 4

I know this gets broken down into a pro-police, anti-police racially-flavored argument that conservatives have used effectively to hurt Democrats in the last two years. But change a couple names and see if it feels different:  a white guy believed to be harboring stolen guns has a 4:30 am no-knock FBI raid of his home, where his wife and child live. Defending himself in his home from an unknown assailant, he kills an FBI agent. That guy becomes a martyr for the Right, which considers the FBI a deep state enemy rather than brave law enforcement officers. 

But of course law enforcement was wrong in both cases. They were wrong in Waco and Ruby Ridge. There was also needless grandstanding when they took Roger Stone in. 

So maybe we can agree that stupid policing is liable in all these situations.

• Plus1 4
  • 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They would have had to f#&%ing arrest me. What are they going to if I run towards the school, shoot me?  

There is no way I could stand there for an hour if my kid was in there. 

Sounds like they tazed/cuffed people and at minimum detained, if not arrested, some parents.

• Plus1 1