Police Reform

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

My opinion, if you can't own it in public, don't put it in public.

The CP aren't hacking into anything, they are doing a Google search.  I'm sure they also peek into car windows when they are patrolling the parking lot looking for anything suspicious.  

People want to complain about the government invading privacy when 90% of us give it away to big tech for free.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
On 2/10/2022 at 10:21 AM, funhusker said:

My opinion, if you can't own it in public, don't put it in public.

The CP aren't hacking into anything, they are doing a Google search.  I'm sure they also peek into car windows when they are patrolling the parking lot looking for anything suspicious.  

People want to complain about the government invading privacy when 90% of us give it away to big tech for free.

Yeah.....I guess some people wouldn't like my search I do on people who I want to hire for certain positions if I don't know them personally.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah.....I guess some people wouldn't like my search I do on people who I want to hire for certain positions if I don't know them personally.

Ha...had a buddy get hired and on the way home he was called and told "delete the vine of him chugging a beer"

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Serious question. 

everyone's social media is out there to see. They aren’t secretly hacking into anything. 

If people don’t want others to search what they posted, don’t post it. 

They did way more than look at social media.   Surveying the coming and going’s of people at a private residence during a fundraiser as an example.  

I’ve gone through background checks for a job and I know what I’m getting into, and consent to it. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

They did way more than look at social media.   Surveying the coming and going’s of people at a private residence during a fundraiser as an example.  

I’ve gone through background checks for a job and I know what I’m getting into, and consent to it. 

I just read the article again and saw no mention of this.

They did look into layouts of buildings and who owns them and would be in charge of security.  That seems like something the people tasked with protecting our officials SHOULD be doing…

• Plus1 5