The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, suh_fan93 said:

Yep, he's running for president.

And then we got this dillusional :blink: statement from MTG.  Amazing how these loud mouth GOPers think they are qualified for anything, must less VP, just because they spout the 'right (far right in this case) words'.     I think of some great long serving politicians who gave their life to their careers in helping people via politics and yet never obtained the WH even though they tried.  One of my old favorites was the Happy Warrior as he was called - Hubert Humphrey.  He never would have thought that words alone would have qualified him for the VP roll as MTG thinks below.   Our politics is becoming water down by loud mouths who have no concept of what proper governance would look like (trump is an example) if they held the seat of power.  

See the source image

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-says-she-s-the-last-person-that-the-rnc-or-the-national-party-wants-to-be-trump-s-2024-running-mate/ar-AA134p4h?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=a2a30337fe064a1bbe2285323330496e

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia said she's discussed with former President Donald Trump the possibility of her serving as his running mate in a potential 2024 presidential bid, though she said the GOP establishment thinks she's too divisive.

Greene told New York Times reporter Robert Draper that she "would be honored" to serve as Trump's running mate. But she also appeared to recognize that Trump — not exactly a unifying figure himself — may need to run alongside someone with broader appeal in a general election.

"I think the last person that the RNC or the national party wants is me as his running mate," she told Draper in an excerpt of his forthcoming book, "Weapons of Mass Delusion: When the Republican Party Lost Its Mind." The excerpt, published in the New York Times Magazine, focused on the far-right congresswoman's trajectory within the Republican Party, going from a relatively marginalized figure upon her arrival in Washington in January 2021 to one of the party's most influential voices.

• Fire 1

More on MTG's arrogance.  Wouldn't it be nice if the Dem somehow won that race.  

She sounds more and more like Trump every day.  MAGA delusional. 

“I think that to be the best speaker of the House and to please the base, he’s going to give me a lot of power and a lot of leeway. And if he doesn’t, they’re going to be very unhappy about it. I think that’s the best way to read that. And that’s not in any way a threat at all. I just think that’s reality.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/majorie-taylor-greene-unleashes-on-kevin-mccarthy-with-chilling-warning-and-post-election-prediction/ar-AA136673?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=d1375171897544f2889e7270d624bc88

"Right-wing extremists already have a plan to literally steal the next presidential election. And they’re not making a secret of it," said Clinton. "The right-wing-controlled Supreme Court may be poised to rule on giving state legislatures the power to overturn presidential elections."

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3

:snacks:

So what do Republicans do here? 

Back Desantis and Trump absolutely, 110% will burn the party down to the ground by taking his cult and running as a third party candidate.  Back Trump and Desantis probably won't do the same.  So Trump it is?  

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

:snacks:

So what do Republicans do here? 

Back Desantis and Trump absolutely, 110% will burn the party down to the ground by taking his cult and running as a third party candidate.  Back Trump and Desantis probably won't do the same.  So Trump it is?  

I really don't think that would happen, as funny as it would be. Trump would win the nomination in a landslide and DeSantis, if he runs, would go whimpering back to Florida like the slimy, moronic dog that he is. 

If DeSantis decided to run as a third party candidate, which is extremely doubtful, the MAGA horde would turn on him instantly.

After Trump, they'll simply latch onto the next Trump-wannabe who, like DeSantis, will lack a single original thought, policy, and provide absolutely nothing other than empty substance. And the MAGA horde will love it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I hope they both run and split the MAGA vote leaving Liz or Hogan or another moderate to sweep the primaries.   And then the day after Liz secures the nomination, Trump is thrown in jail. 

Or better yet:   DeSantis loses his governor's race and Trump is already in jail by the time the primaries roll around. 

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-and-ron-desantis-2024/

The former president is holding a rally in Miami for Sen. Marco Rubio two days before the Nov. 8 election, but Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis isn't invited -- and the "Morning Joe" co-host said that's by design.

"Ron DeSantis is in Donald Trump's way, and so Donald Trump will be a child and a bully and move him out of the way," Brzezinski said. "If anyone thinks anything different, they haven't been watching Donald Trump for the past six years. It's the way it goes."

"He is very very very scared of Ron DeSantis, in that Ron DeSantis might do better than him in a 2024 presidential election, and that just scares Donald Trump because he wants to run again, maybe, some might say, to get away from some legal woes," she added. "We'll see how it works out, we'll see what happens to Trump."

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election