The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't neccessarily disagree with Will.  Both Trump and Biden are too old, and Joe's done no favors for Kamala in the VP role.  There was a funny skil on SNL this weekend I'll try to find and post.  I'd be interested in a thread about "if not Joe then who in 2024".  I have some favs and I'd love to hear of other peoples.  There are strong candidates out there we haven't met yet.  I also think the Dems need to show a united force from the beginning.   This 20 person in the primary crap is crap.  Pick 2-3 of the leaders and have the others back their fav.

https://www.thewrap.com/snl-scariest-candidates-2024-presidential-race-video/#brid_cp_Brid_1127963

47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Joe got the most votes ever, why not run him again just with a new VP since he clearly has done nothing to try and help Harris get more exposure.  

Trump is not running, which means it will be a sitting president with the most votes ever vs a new person.  

Good point

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Joe got the most votes ever, why not run him again just with a new VP since he clearly has done nothing to try and help Harris get more exposure.  

Trump is not running, which means it will be a sitting president with the most votes ever vs a new person.  

Uncle Joe has shown signs of cognitive decline.  Do we want that situation to unfold in the WH?   I think not.  If all the Dems have is an 80 year old guy, they are in worse shape than any of us can believe.  If he runs, he better get a much better VP candidate than Harris.  

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Uncle Joe has shown signs of cognitive decline.  Do we want that situation to unfold in the WH?   I think not.  If all the Dems have is an 80 year old guy, they are in worse shape than any of us can believe.  If he runs, he better get a much better VP candidate than Harris.  

He looks/acts/sounds exactly the same as he has for the last 15 years.  We just see/hear more of him now.  Soooo, again, why is cognitive decline (your words, not mine) an issue now?

• TBH 3
52 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He looks/acts/sounds exactly the same as he has for the last 15 years.  We just see/hear more of him now.  Soooo, again, why is cognitive decline (your words, not mine) an issue now?

Personally I think it is worse.  But that may be all of the negative media.  Biden has always been a gaff machine - which is different than the cognitive slowing down.  But then again, my wife says I'm going through it too:blink:.    In the end, his doctor will know and we'll have to trust the doc.  However, back to my other point, the Dems need a deeper bench than a bunch of guys and gals flirting with 80.  

Trump is worried. I love it. Would the Dems hurry up and put this guy away please.

Later in the interview, Trump said DeSantis is a "fine guy."

"I don’t know if he is running. I think if he runs, he could hurt himself very badly. I really believe he could hurt himself badly," Trump said. "I think he would be making a mistake, I think the base would not like it — I don’t think it would be good for the party."

An attorney for former President Donald Trump sent a strong message to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on the Monday before the midterm elections.

"I think I like what DeSantis is doing in Florida. But, he needs to stay in Florida," attorney Alina Habba said during an interview on Right Side Broadcasting Network from a Trump rally in Vandalia, Ohio.

"DeSantis is DeSantis because of Trump," she added.

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election