The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Find me a post where I said campaigning in a church is good…:lol:   Good effort though :thumbs

I’m not going to spend any time looking for specific quotes.  But we all know your history of celebrating Trump going against political and even societal norms.  Throw a dart and a person will find them…

• TBH 2

41 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I’m not going to spend any time looking for specific quotes.  But we all know your history of celebrating Trump going against political and even societal norms.  Throw a dart and a person will find them…

……..on a dart board:dunno

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Anti woke means you can pay for your own property damage. 

Such a brilliant man. 

In fairness, Farmers and other major insurers have also announced they are leaving California. "Woke" was never mentioned -- six years of devastating wildfires probably did the trick. The concentration of expensive housing on an increasingly vulnerable coastline makes Florida a bad actuarial bet.

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

In fairness, Farmers and other major insurers have also announced they are leaving California. "Woke" was never mentioned -- six years of devastating wildfires probably did the trick. The concentration of expensive housing on an increasingly vulnerable coastline makes Florida a bad actuarial bet.

Yes, I’m sure that’s it. Just making a joke because that’s all their governor seems to want to talk about. 

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, I’m sure that’s it. Just making a joke because that’s all their governor seems to want to talk about. 

He may not be wrong, because that's what the Republican electorate seems to want to talk about. Can you even imagine an intelligent conversation about the roots and solutions to inflation? 

But somehow everything sounds worse coming out of Ron DeSantis' mouth. 

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

When arguments about someone get out of hand. 

Funny. And sad. I am afraid we will have another Trump-Biden election. I figured DeSantis was going to unseat Trump, but I might be eating crow on that one. It can't get much worse than a 2020 rematch. Not sure why the Dems don't mix it up. I feel like if Trump wins the primary and Biden passes away, the Dems would pull a "Weekend at Bernies", just to run Biden against Trump.

12 minutes ago, nic said:

Funny. And sad. I am afraid we will have another Trump-Biden election. I figured DeSantis was going to unseat Trump, but I might be eating crow on that one. It can't get much worse than a 2020 rematch. Not sure why the Dems don't mix it up. I feel like if Trump wins the primary and Biden passes away, the Dems would pull a "Weekend at Bernies", just to run Biden against Trump.

Why would the Dems "mix it up"?

Why would a political party replace their previously victorious President - with an incumbency advantage - want to throw that away with somebody else?

• TBH 2
22 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Why would a political party replace their previously victorious President - with an incumbency advantage - want to throw that away with somebody else?

Yeah, you can't mix it up, not unless he does die (or they can't keep his brain activity at the super low level it is currently at...I know I know, it is a stutter)

But, you have to run him, he will win with ease.  I know not one new trump voter, not one.  And the new crop of voters, kids that could not vote last time...they are Joe-Voters

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Because he is very old and seems to be suffering form some cognitive decline....and if he dies in office we get Kamala. Are you honestly looking forward to another round of Biden or just the best shot to defeat Trump? Then again, maybe the Dems are truly excited about Biden 2.0. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, you can't mix it up, not unless he does die (or they can't keep his brain activity at the super low level it is currently at...I know I know, it is a stutter)

But, you have to run him, he will win with ease.  I know not one new trump voter, not one.  And the new crop of voters, kids that could not vote last time...they are Joe-Voters

Wouldn't any Dem candidate beat Trump then?

• TBH 2

14 minutes ago, nic said:

Because he is very old and seems to be suffering form some cognitive decline....and if he dies in office we get Kamala. Are you honestly looking forward to another round of Biden or just the best shot to defeat Trump? Then again, maybe the Dems are truly excited about Biden 2.0. 

Maybe...but while there may not be new Trump voters there might be "I am not voting" voters, in this election. 

15 minutes ago, nic said:

He's old, but I'm pretty happy with his accomplishments as a Democrat.

The most important thing is for dems to the Presidency. Republicans will win the Senate in 2024, so the real goal is to just win the Presidency to continue To control the judiciary process. There isn't much a Democrat can accomplish policy wise given that reality, other than to hold up judiciary appointments. 

17 minutes ago, nic said:

I think Biden is slightly better than 50% right now, any other Dem would be less. The 2024 election is going to be extremely close, it's going to come down to 1-2% in 4 swing states. 

Furthermore, incumbency candidates enjoy a slight advantage. Throwing that advantage away in an election likely to be decided by less than 50,000 voters across 4 states would be borderline suicide to the Democrats.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 hours ago, nic said:

Because he is very old and seems to be suffering form some cognitive decline

Ignore your removed outsider armchair diagnosis for a moment. What about the results of his presidency have been poor?

I would love nothing more than fresh blood in the oval office, but at the end of the day he and his administration have been methodically and deftly producing consistent, steady and dependable results and I don't know what more you'd want.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2
15 hours ago, nic said:

I think your questioning the actions of the wrong side.  The better musing is, not sure why the Repubs don’t mix it up?

Both are too old and too cognitively challenged. But one has gotten pretty good results and has shown he can beat the other one. So the craziest thing is, why does one party keep going the insane route?

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election