The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s amazing that you can equate the two. 

That’s actually impressive. 

Re-read the last sentence.  The actual words will tell you the interpretation used for the ruling is overly broad and could be used for silliness like I brought up.   I didn’t equate the two:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, commando said:

FWIW....while i think trump shouldn't be on any ballot...i also think he would be destroyed by Biden in an election.    so i actually hope the supreme court helps re-elect Joe and reverts the colorado court decision.

The polls have been disastrous for Biden for months and continue to trend downward, with Trump leading slightly overall, and winning most of the swing states.

What makes some of you so confident Biden beats Trump at all, much less destroys him? 

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The polls have been disastrous for Biden for months and continue to trend downward, with Trump leading slightly overall, and winning most of the swing states.

What makes some of you so confident Biden beats Trump at all, much less destroys him? 

because i believe in america and have confidence it wouldn't elect trump again.  maybe i am misguided in that view 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

For me it goes back to the question of who’s gonna vote for Trump that voted for Biden last time?   Plus you have voters like myself that won’t vote for Trump this time. 

• Plus1 1

The bold - tells you all you need to know about the average MAGA voter. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/42-percent-of-gop-iowa-caucusgoers-say-poisoning-the-blood-remarks-make-them-more-likely-to-support-trump-poll/ar-AA1lO406?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=4bc2911f0d2840c7a8605f11e480fb27&ei=18

42 percent of GOP Iowa caucus goers say ‘poisoning the blood’ remarks make them more likely to support Trump: poll

Forty-two percent of likely Iowa Republican caucusgoers said that former President Trump’s recent remarks about immigrants “poisoning the blood” of the country makes them more likely to support him, according to a new poll.

The Des Moines Register/NBC News/Mediacom poll asked likely Republican caucusgoers about statements made by the president, including Trump’s recent claim that migrants were “poisoning the blood of our country.” The remarks have been condemned by various figures on both sides of the political aisle and resulted in comparisons between the former president and Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

Twenty-eight percent of likely Iowa GOP caucusgoers said Trump’s “poisoning the blood” comments made them less likely to support him in the caucuses. Twenty-nine percent said the remark “[d]oes not matter” when it comes to their support.

The poll, conducted between Dec. 2 and 7, features responses from 502 likely Republican Iowa caucusgoers and has a maximum margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percentage points.

The former president has pushed back against the comparisons to Hitler, who wrote in “Mein Kampf” that German blood was being poisoned by Jews. At a rally in Iowa on Tuesday, Trump mirrored his recent “poisoning the blood” comments and tried to distance himself from Hitler all within a period of a few sentences.

“They’re destroying the blood of our country. That’s what they’re doing. They’re destroying our country. They don’t like it when I said that — and I never read ‘Mein Kampf,’” Trump said.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1
39 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

imagine if you will....Nazis Germany with the largest nuclear arsenal in the world..    and for those saying don't compare trump to hitler.....i will do that when trump stops talking like hitler.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Lol...Marianne doesn't strike me as the rageeeee type.

Lol...really?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/16/marianne-williamson-abusive-treatment-2020-campaign-staff-00087268

“It would be foaming, spitting, uncontrollable rage,” said a former staffer"

"Williamson would throw her phone at staffers, according to three of those former staffers. Her outbursts could be so loud that two former aides recounted at least four occasions when hotel staff knocked on her door to check on the situation. In one instance, Williamson got so angry about the logistics of a campaign trip to South Carolina that she felt was poorly planned that she pounded a car door until her hand started to swell, according to four former staffers. Ultimately, she had to go to an urgent care facility, they said. All 12 former staffers interviewed recalled instances where Williamson would scream at people until they started to cry."

• Worth a Look 2
3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Lol...Marianne doesn't strike me as the rageeeee type.

Seems odd that if she qualifies by State statute or policy they wouldn't put her on the primary, no?

shall we go back to 2020 talk about how many republican primaries and caucuses were canceled with trump declared the winner?  it also happened in previous elections when the incumbent was the only name on the ballots.

• Plus1 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election