The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

This comes up a lot.

I think she is wildly popular (except for that stupid school lunch program) but has she ever really even hinted about running for office?

I don't think so, but is she waiting for the Senile Insanity to be over before plotting?  2028?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is tiring and annoying that it we are STILL dealing with these two.  R voters need to stop and D voters need to stop.  Find some new people that are younger and have some new thoughts and ideas.  

well...trump is very slightly younger than biden and his new idea is to turn the united states into a dictatorship

• TBH 1
50 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I 100% think it is this.

It is tiring and annoying that it we are STILL dealing with these two.  R voters need to stop and D voters need to stop.  Find some new people that are younger and have some new thoughts and ideas.  

I’ve said this before, the country needed a Gavin Newsome/Ron DeSantis election choice.  Or Gavin Newsom/Tim Scott. 

2 younger fresher minds with fresher ideas that have pretty opposite view points and see which way the country wants to go.   That election would be about ideas/policies vs personalities.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Gender gap increasing between Biden and Trump. 

https://nypost.com/2024/01/31/news/biden-holds-six-point-national-lead-over-trump-fueled-by-women-poll/

President Biden has a significant lead over former President Donald Trump in the popular vote of a hypothetical 2024 matchup, a new national poll shows.

The Quinnipiac University survey shows Biden leading Trump 50% to 44% after the same poll had the incumbent edging out his rival, 47% to 46%, in December.

Biden’s strong numbers are driven by the support of 58% of female voters, 52% of independents and 62% of voters with college degrees.

“The gender demographic tells a story to keep an eye on,” said Quinnipiac polling analyst Tim Malloy.

“Propelled by female voters in just the past few weeks, the head-to-head tie with Trump morphs into a modest lead for Biden.”

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/us/us01312024_uhdw14.pdf

• Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, commando said:

well...trump is very slightly younger than biden and his new idea is to turn the united states into a dictatorship

The mind numbing false equivalencies being drawn between the two right here in this board make it clear that as a society, we're in the FA stage.  The FO stage when the totalitarian bros clamp down on the world should be a hoot.  It's almost like the reason we became the greatest country on earth has been lost.  It wasn't because of a dictatorship.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Scarlet said:

The mind numbing false equivalencies being drawn between the two right here in this board make it clear that as a society, we're in the FA stage.  The FO stage when the totalitarian bros clamp down on the world should be a hoot.  It's almost like the reason we became the greatest country on earth has been lost.  It wasn't because of a dictatorship.  

It was because of democracy and capitalism and sadly we have people that want both gone.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

In a hypothetical they both die in the next few months...

Who would the nominees be??  I guess from the R side either Haley or Desantis?  From the D side?  My guess is Michelle Obama.

The DNC machine is very clearly priming the pumps for Gavin Newsome.

• TBH 2
11 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I really feel like I'm alone in thinking that Trump has a really good chance. I have a hard time understanding why. 

It's strange because on the one hand I see articles with Dem strategists saying Biden better take this seriously because he is in trouble and then a flurry of polls saying he is doing great. Who knows. 

6 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

None of my circle is excited and most said they weren't backing him, until he basically became the nominee a couple weeks ago

Will the vote for him now that he's pretty much the nominee?  I just don't see him losing many votes.  If people were dedicated enough to vote for him 4 years ago, there is nothing keeping them from doing it again.

43 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Will the vote for him now that he's pretty much the nominee?  I just don't see him losing many votes.  If people were dedicated enough to vote for him 4 years ago, there is nothing keeping them from doing it again.

I would like to say no, but if he is the R nominee I think they probably will.

I think Haley tries to hard to choose her words with an eye on trying not to offend potential voters.  Thus, here she wants/needs the radical trump voter who is over the top states rights to the point of saying states have the right to secede from the Union.  The answer is clearly they don't have the right as the Civil War showed and yet Haley once again makes a profoundly stupid statement that Texas the right to make such a decision.   Where is Chris Christie when we need him?  Someone who can talk clearly and truthfully.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nikki-haley-says-texas-can-secede-from-the-united-states-that-s-their-decision-to-make/ar-BB1hCRcM?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=5431701d20f0433e8052a94b45af50df&ei=135

Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley stumbled through a question about whether the state of Texas has a right to secede from the United States, and she claimed that it is "their decision to make."

During an interview on "The Breakfast Club" podcast, Charlamagne tha God asked the 2024 presidential hopeful if she would "use force against Texas if they would try to secede from the Union over the border issue?" Charlamagne referenced a 2010 interview with Haley saying the U.S. Constitution allows for states to secede.

"I believe in states' rights. I believe that everything should be as close to the people to decide," Haley said, adding that she supported Gov. Greg Abbott's razor wire fencing measure to protect his state amid the growing border crisis.

When pressed about the issue of secession, Haley said that, "If Texas decides they want to do that, they can do that. If that whole state says we don't want to be part of America anymore. I mean, that's their decision to make."

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I think Haley tries to hard to choose her words with an eye on trying not to offend potential voters.  Thus, here she wants/needs the radical trump voter who is over the top states rights to the point of saying states have the right to secede from the Union.  The answer is clearly they don't have the right as the Civil War showed and yet Haley once again makes a profoundly stupid statement that Texas the right to make such a decision.   Where is Chris Christie when we need him?  Someone who can talk clearly and truthfully.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nikki-haley-says-texas-can-secede-from-the-united-states-that-s-their-decision-to-make/ar-BB1hCRcM?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=5431701d20f0433e8052a94b45af50df&ei=135

Abraham Lincoln would like a word with todays republicans

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election