The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

That is your opinion, which is fine.

I disagree, which is also fine.

Agree.  Opinions are good.  Do you care to explain why you think he’s a bad choice?   Or who would be a better choice.   Other than the age thing, which is dumb, I’ve not seen logical people give very good answers to this question.  

• TBH 1
25 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Agree.  Opinions are good.  Do you care to explain why you think he’s a bad choice?   Or who would be a better choice.   Other than the age thing, which is dumb, I’ve not seen logical people give very good answers to this question.  

This isn’t in response to @DevoHusker but just wanted to point out that some folks are going to “virtue signal” with a write in vote (hopefully I used that term correctly.

As it stands today, The next POTUS will either be Biden, Trump, or RFKJ.  

• Haha 1

I think we have to get to the place where we accept that Joe Biden is in decline, but it can be successfully mitigated. Given the alternative and what's at stake, we accept the inside intel that Joe remains highly knowledgeable and capable on important subjects -- vastly better than Donald Trump  -- and that Joe will remain prone to both physical and verbal missteps while under constant scrutiny. The party stops pretending he's not too old and that we didn't deserve someone younger and more inspiring, but instead it transparently limits his press conferences and extemporaneous opportunities, and begins delegating more public roles to his cabinet members and spokespeople. Biden is the President and will give some perfectly good speeches when needed, but it will be a team effort. And if you look at the team Biden assembles vs. the team Trump will assemble, it's not even close. It's grown ups vs. the worst teenagers you can imagine. It's Big Ten vs Community College. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3

3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

As I have been saying...

There is NO good choice.

Really?  No good choice?  A continuation of democracy over authoritarianism isn't a good choice?  That's exactly what this election comes down to.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I think my opinion is good enough, but thanks. There is no better choice, which is what I was lamenting originally. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

This isn’t in response to @DevoHusker but just wanted to point out that some folks are going to “virtue signal” with a write in vote (hopefully I used that term correctly.

As it stands today, The next POTUS will either be Biden, Trump, or RFKJ.  

Thanks for not singling me out. I had been looking at Kennedy, but will likely not vote, if nothing changes.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Really?  No good choice?  A continuation of democracy over authoritarianism isn't a good choice?  That's exactly what this election comes down to.  

Thank you for repeating what literally fills my timeline every day. 

I won't vote for Trump, so I don't need more reminders, but thanks again.

18 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

f#&% the fascist.

There, that was pretty easy.

Absolutely 

8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Great.  I'm glad you agree that the good choice is a vote for democracy.  :cheers

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Absolutely 

Yeah wasn't trying to single you out. I'm just a bit punchy. I think in all likelihood a lot of people will have to bite the bullet this go around. I personally don't feel this way, as it's an easy choice for me. Our system is at fault for spitting out these choices again, so IMO we can all be pissed at the system itself.

But at the end of the day one party is a lot more broken than the other. Trumpism needs to be told to again f#&% off so we can get a decent alternative for that side of the aisle again. I shudder to think how much worse they get if they're once again rewarded for their current standard bearer.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

You just posted a rebuttal to Biden's job report from a guy from The Heritage Foundation, and you're arguing the point right now.

The Heritage Foundation is the foundation of Project 2025, Orange Man Bad's fascist agenda.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You just posted a rebuttal to Biden's job report from a guy from The Heritage Foundation, and you're arguing the point right now.

The Heritage Foundation is the foundation of Project 2025, Orange Man Bad's fascist agenda.

I don't agree with the idea of P2025. The Heritage Foundation has been around since long before Trump. The post provided visual evidence the announcement was wrong.

Did you have anything proving the post wrong, or do you just not like the source.

• Fire 2
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't agree with the idea of P2025. The Heritage Foundation 

The Heritage Foundation is the fount of Project 2025. Your source is part of the Heritage Foundation. You can't pause for one second and agree maybe that's not an accurate source?

I can draw up graphs on Excel and claim they show Biden created 87 bazillion jobs. You think that's "visual evidence" of anything? 

• TBH 1