The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, commando said:

how did that work out?

Well...the super nuts (even some posting here) thought it was amazing and that it was utopia...

Normal people (me and you) realized it was horrible and treason and that all those people should have at least been jailed if not executed. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean...crazies did it a few years ago...those guys called it CHAZ...and they burnt everything down, raped, killed and stole from each other within the first 15 days...They did build a few little gardens though!  

Remember?

Yep! Those folks were crazy!

I also  don’t remember any decent political candidate claiming it would be a great idea…

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Yep! Those folks were crazy!

I also  don’t remember any decent political candidate claiming it would be a great idea…

I don't really remember any candidate talking about it all?!?!?!

But, any normal candidate, then or now, should have/been condemning it. 

I still find it awesome that we had posters here that basically wanted to move to CHAZ.

If I remember correctly, a dude was stabbed and dying and the CHAZ nuts would not let the EMT's in to save him.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't really remember any candidate talking about it all?!?!?!

But, any normal candidate, then or now, should have/been condemning it. 

I still find it awesome that we had posters here that basically wanted to move to CHAZ.

If I remember correctly, a dude was stabbed and dying and the CHAZ nuts would not let the EMT's in to save him.

Was it a “regular” poster?

I know some thought it wasn’t a big deal.  I don’t think I gave it too much thought.  But I don’t remember anyone “celebrating” it here.

But I also don’t remember what my wife told me an hour ago…

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Was it a “regular” poster?

I know some thought it wasn’t a big deal.  I don’t think I gave it too much thought.  But I don’t remember anyone “celebrating” it here.

But I also don’t remember what my wife told me an hour ago…

Hahaha!  My guess...she complained to you about something that didn't really matter! Ha 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No. Walk me through it, using your incredible powers of context to the topic at hand.

Ha...nice!

I think we had a thread on CHAZ and some crazies thought, for the first day or two, that it was this amazing utopia...

And then of course...it turned into SALO.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ha...nice!

I think we had a thread on CHAZ and some crazies thought, for the first day or two, that it was this amazing utopia...

And then of course...it turned into SALO.

Those same CHAZ defenders seem to defend CCP lately also.  Strange yet predictable. 

• TBH 1
On 4/14/2023 at 5:47 PM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Frankly this is not true. Incumbents enjoy a small advantage. Democrats would be stupid to throw away that advantage when the election is going to be decided by 4 swing states.

The infighting this would cause is a stupid self-inflicted wound. Biden's unpopularity is what any Democrat would have at this point in their Presidency. Any Republican/Democrat will likely be setting "record low" numbers for the next few decades.

I can see your point on the incumbency. Frankly the GOP is setting themselves up for a difficult election by how they have alienated so many voters 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I can see your point on the incumbency. Frankly the GOP is setting themselves up for a difficult election by how they have alienated so many voters 

I agree.

There isn't anybody who's seen Trumps act and still suddenly vote for him. They're are however, thousands of voters who've seen the GOP walk themselves into the abyss and want nothing to do with them. 

As frustrating as Biden is... the new normal for any President is going to be low approval rates. Democrats best chance to win in 2024 is for him to be the nominee and it's not even close.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I agree.

There isn't anybody who's seen Trumps act and still suddenly vote for him. They're are however, thousands of voters who've seen the GOP walk themselves into the abyss and want nothing to do with them. 

As frustrating as Biden is... the new normal for any President is going to be low approval rates. Democrats best chance to win in 2024 is for him to be the nominee and it's not even close.

Agree.  There are some Democrats out there that need to vote for the ticket.  There isn't a Republican candidate who is going to beat Biden or another current Democrat whomever that may be anyway though.  The GOP ship is completely sunk.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I agree.

I agree, I can't see Trump picking up new voters.  Biden vs Trump II should be a biden win.

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election