5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I wear air pods turned up all the way (I know it will make me deaf) and I have an electric/battery powered mower, so it's not quite as loud as a gas-powered mower.

Ha. I thought I was the only one who did that. Crank up the old Bose earpods to drown out the mower noise, and mine is gas so I'm doing some real hearing damage :lol: Eh I still crank up the music in my vehicle too.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sort of on this topic...how many of you will wear long sleeve shirts with shorts?  I love it.  In fact, even though I have nice arms, shoulders and back, and even though I am really handsome, I still would rather wear long sleeves over short sleeves.  

I do that all the time in early spring and the fall. And I’m sure my arms and shoulders are much more handsome :lol:  My shoulders are never exposed though. Tank tops are for fancy boys....sort of like this whole discussion. Thinking I should go get an estrogen prescription to continue in here.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I do that all the time in early spring and the fall. And I’m sure my arms and shoulders are much more handsome :lol:  My shoulders are never exposed though. Tank tops are for fancy boys....sort of like this whole discussion. Thinking I should go get an estrogen prescription to continue in here.

Years ago...when I was in really good shape, I went and bought a 3 pack of wife-beaters (relax PCers and SJW's, that is what they were called)...I would wear them ONLY in my place and, gulp, under a T-shirt when I went to workout at my (then) apt gym...if no one was in the gym, after I got a good pump going , I would take off the t-shirt and just lift in the my wife-beater...

And if I saw a hot girl at the pool from the gym, I would do some extra sets and then sit ups...then I would walk out to the pool and ask the hottie how the water was...hard to believe I was a virgin for 31 years.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Hey, men should try to look nice for the ladies.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Sort of on this topic...how many of you will wear long sleeve shirts with shorts?  I love it.  In fact, even though I have nice arms, shoulders and back, and even though I am really handsome, I still would rather wear long sleeves over short sleeves.  

Long sleeves shirts or quarter zips with shorts is the new official dad uniform, especially in early mornings in the Fall and Spring. Gotta dress in layers!

I mostly stopped wearing shorts in my early 30s. I still have a few pairs of jorts, only wear them when it's hot as balls and I'm going to be outside for an extended period. I don't think any of them were purchased within the last five years.

Also, there's no such thing as 'dress shorts', lol.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:51 AM, Moiraine said:

Do you guys find that you can buy the same exact jeans in a store now that you could find there 10 years ago?

For the most part, yeah, men's jeans change much more slowly than women's. Like stretch denim showed up in men's jeans ages after it did in women's. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/11/jeggings-stretch-jeans-for-dudes/575767/

On a somewhat related note: this Goodfellow brand that Target replaced almost their entire men's clothing department with? I don't think I've ever seen an entire clothing line scream 'suburban middle-aged white dad trying to look young and cool' quite so loudly, lol.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Toe said:

On a somewhat related note: this Goodfellow brand that Target replaced almost their entire men's clothing department with? I don't think I've ever seen an entire clothing line scream 'suburban middle-aged white dad trying to look young and cool' quite so loudly, lol.

Looks kinda J-Crew-y but with less fall leaves, anchors, and $300 wool sweaters.

And I'm sure J-Crew blames the pandemic for their bankruptcy but I think it was this:

tumblr_o2yfatknMX1qcow3vo1_640.jpg

81mCsPaB1rL._AC_UX466_.jpg

Does anyone at all think swimsuit bottoms/jeans coming up to halfway between the bellybutton and boobs is attractive?

@Moiraine Yeah, no idea what's up with the whole mom jeans thing. Only time I've seen it sorta work is when paired with a shirt that covers little more than the boobs, leaving a bare 'upper-midriff'. But that was probably mostly because of the shirt that covers little more than the boobs. :lol: