B1G Officially Cancels 2020 Season, What’s Next For NU?

11 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The part of me that wants football is going to read way too far into this comment. That being said, this comment is super interesting. 

I really think we see January football.  And I dont understand football starting after basketball- an indoor sport. Start end of October/early Nov that way everyone gets to save face. 

• Plus1 1

Lots of smoke and no fire. The vote did happen, I was wrong about that, I believe Green.

Have heard nothing about which specific measurable parameters must be met to play in the spring. I’m guessing warren doesn’t have those parameters and goal posts set so that they can use any excuse they can to cancel spring. 

Have heard nothing about if spring happens, when and how will it happen and what specifically will it looks like. 

That sends a terrible message to existing and future players. All of that uncertainty isn’t going to help kids stAy in or want to join our conference. 

Have no clue what is supposed to be better in January than what it is now. Add in all the normal flu deaths we have that can be blamed on covid. 

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

Lots of smoke and no fire. The vote did happen, I was wrong about that, I believe Green.

Have heard nothing about which specific measurable parameters must be met to play in the spring. I’m guessing warren doesn’t have those parameters and goal posts set so that they can use any excuse they can to cancel spring. 

Have heard nothing about if spring happens, when and how will it happen and what specifically will it looks like. 

That sends a terrible message to existing and future players. All of that uncertainty isn’t going to help kids stAy in or want to join our conference. 

Have no clue what is supposed to be better in January than what it is now. Add in all the normal flu deaths we have that can be blamed on covid. 

They must have signed a confidentiality statement not to reveal the particulars. And that’s probably the way it should be to not single out any one university. And it appears that the  agreement applied to athletics departments as It was clear they had no clue and were as surprised as anyone. 

5 hours ago, krc1995 said:

They must have signed a confidentiality statement not to reveal the particulars. And that’s probably the way it should be to not single out any one university. And it appears that the  agreement applied to athletics departments as It was clear they had no clue and were as surprised as anyone. 

This is the very purpose for open meetings laws and public officials.   Their jobs are public for the reason that the public has chosen them as their representatives to handle public affairs, publicly.   Emphasis on the word public!   lol. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

God I hate the thought of spring ball, but the players need some carrot to work for.  They are the true victims. 

How can any BIG coach go out and seriously attempt to recruit talent when they know their conference will sell them out? I almost feel guily. 

• Plus1 3

Michigan had its RS sophomore stud left tackle declare for the NFL already. I am pretty sure that discussion included the reality of not playing in the Spring and just bolting for somewhere that football is being played. I bet his draft prospects will be lower than if he played this season, and he was still willing to do it. I feel bad for the kid. More to come I am sure.

• Plus1 1