B1G Officially Cancels 2020 Season, What’s Next For NU?

Moos was on the radio stating he’s not a fan of bubble dome football

sec and acc playing will be over, he thinks fans will have had their fill of college football

he says nba bubble games with no fans have gotten terrible ratings

he thinks there isn’t enough recovery time for the kids to play the following fall 

wont help the local economies if games are all away 

I love how moos stands up for our program and gets it, without being a d!(k . He’s a deep thinking realist , but able to get his thoughts That may not be popular into the fray without appearing to be a loon. Trump should study this guy or hire him lol 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theindependent.com/sports/college/huskers_hq/bill-moos-says-the-milk-has-been-spilled-when-it-comes-to-fall-football/article_b9a56a90-e344-11ea-bce0-338bbc0e6fb1.amp.html

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

sec and acc playing will be over, he thinks fans will have had their fill of college football

he thinks there isn’t enough recovery time for the kids to play the following fall 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theindependent.com/sports/college/huskers_hq/bill-moos-says-the-milk-has-been-spilled-when-it-comes-to-fall-football/article_b9a56a90-e344-11ea-bce0-338bbc0e6fb1.amp.html

Go Moos, get em!

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

I love how moos stands up for our program and gets it, without being a d!(k . Trump should study this guy or hire him lol 

Completely agree! Moos tells it like it is. He answers direct questions and typically has sound reasoning to support his thought process and opinions. 

• Plus1 2

By starting around Jan. 1, the thought is that the league would be able to play eight league games over the course of January and February with a potential Big Ten Championship Game taking place in early March.

By finishing around March 1, it would leave six months for athletes to recover in time for the next football season, which is being approached as medically acceptable recovery time between two seasons.

As of now, according to a league wide call, a spring season is seen as untenable even in a shortened form because of the fall of 2021, and the desire of the league to keep that season fully intact.

Within this plan, the Big Ten would use domed stadiums in St. Louis, Minnesota, Indianapolis and Detroit, as well as possibly one other site, to host the games.

Multiple games would be hosted per day at each site, so that the travel would be limited. This applies to not only players, but to television crews who would be at those sites to potentially broadcast NFL games the next day.

18 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Multiple games would be hosted per day at each site, so that the travel would be limited. This applies to not only players, but to television crews who would be at those sites to potentially broadcast NFL games the next day.

Horrible Idea GIFs | Tenor

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

As of now, according to a league wide call, a spring season is seen as untenable even in a shortened form because of the fall of 2021, and the desire of the league to keep that season fully intact.

So, they postponed the fall season supposedly with hopes of playing in the spring without taking any time to see if a spring season was viable? And now that they've spent 5 minutes looking at spring they realized what everyone else with half a brain already knew. A spring season is not happening in any form.

• Plus1 2

The Big Ten told the conference's coaches that they feel competition is possible due to advances in testing, notably SalivaDirect, which would allow day of testing for all athletes involved in the competition. 247

The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign is now performing its new rapid, saliva-based COVID-19 test under the umbrella of an approved FDA Emergency Use Authorization. The CLIA-certified lab at the U. of I. performed a bridging study to a recently approved FDA EUA, granted to Yale School of Public Health, showing that the Illinois test performs at least as well as the recently approved saliva-testing protocol, placing it under the umbrella of that EUA. Link

So, the Big Ten is saying that they can start playing in January with each team traveling each week, in the middle of flu season, inside indoor stadiums because of the SaliviaDirect test that was approved 7 days ago.

The University of Illinois is already utilizing a similar saliva test. The SalivaDirect test is expected to be widely available to the public in 4-8 weeks. Considering each university has a medical center associated with it then it's conceivable they could start testing earlier, (Illinois already is). So, you could feasibly start testing athletes with the same test they expect to make a winter season feasible (without all the other issues a winter season presents including teams playing at home stadiums) by Sept. 26th. The same weekend the SEC plans to kickoff their season.

Big Ten logic right there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

So, the Big Ten is saying that they can start playing in January with each team traveling each week, in the middle of flu season, inside indoor stadiums because of the SaliviaDirect test that was approved 7 days ago.

The University of Illinois is already utilizing a similar saliva test. The SalivaDirect test is expected to be widely available to the public in 4-8 weeks. Considering each university has a medical center associated with it then it's conceivable they could start testing earlier, (Illinois already is). So, you could feasibly start testing athletes with the same test they expect to make a winter season feasible (without all the other issues a winter season presents including teams playing at home stadiums) by Sept. 26th. The same weekend the SEC plans to kickoff their season.

Big Ten logic right there.

Perhaps this is being used as an excuse to right the ship. They have had similar technology..far more than what a normal person gets from a family doctor. 

A family member in the medical field also told me these tests are massively inaccurate. 

4 minutes ago, Decked said:

Perhaps this is being used as an excuse to right the ship. They have had similar technology..far more than what a normal person gets from a family doctor. 

A family member in the medical field also told me these tests are massively inaccurate. 

I think I've seen estimates as low as 88% on the conservative side. Even if that's true though, these tests are so cheap and easy to run the argument is that you could test the same pool multiple times and even if the accuracy is low the odds you test incorrectly twice are pretty small.

You could feasibly test athletes on the Friday before a game before they head to hotel rooms for the night and then test again in the morning and the odds of someone slipping through incorrectly are pretty low.

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Prior saliva test are massively inaccurate, but the Yale saliva test is supposed to be very accurate (>94%). 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.03.20167791v1

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
On 8/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, nic said:

Michigan had its RS sophomore stud left tackle declare for the NFL already. I am pretty sure that discussion included the reality of not playing in the Spring and just bolting for somewhere that football is being played. I bet his draft prospects will be lower than if he played this season, and he was still willing to do it. I feel bad for the kid. More to come I am sure.

Add Ms #1 DB to the list of departures.