B1G Officially Cancels 2020 Season, What’s Next For NU?

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Thing is, we can't take anything they say about future plans seriously when they just cancelled less than a week after announcing a new schedule. Until they get their s#!t together (and they haven't in the last five months), don't believe it until you actually see it.

• Plus1 2

54 minutes ago, Toe said:

Thing is, we can't take anything they say about future plans seriously when they just cancelled less than a week after announcing a new schedule. Until they get their s#!t together (and they haven't in the last five months), don't believe it until you actually see it.

I have as much faith they get a winter season going as I do they change their mind and start in October. 

• Plus1 2

@WyoHusker56 Yeah, and just looking at the projections, there's currently not much reason to think that the US will get its s#!t together between now and spring. If a spring season happens, it'll probably be under roughly the same conditions as we're in now.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I am sure you know it Mav, but if not, I feel it needs said. When I see the most recent post is from Sir Yacht, most of the time I won't even both to open the thread. However, when I see is Mavric, I take a pause in my day to go check out the credible worthwhile news update. Just wanted to say thank you, and keep up the great work.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Because many universities (including UNL) bumped up their academic calendars to conclude before Thanksgiving. So if they're playing after Thanksgiving, the campuses should be mostly empty at that time. I said this a while back, Moos must've read my post! :wub:

41 minutes ago, Toe said:

Because many universities (including UNL) bumped up their academic calendars to conclude before Thanksgiving. So if they're playing after Thanksgiving, the campuses should be mostly empty at that time. I said this a while back, Moos must've read my post! :wub:

So the school just delays classes to March 20 for starting spring senester to get around a 3-4 mo fb schedule.   ? 

• Plus1 1
On 8/26/2020 at 6:45 PM, WyoHusker56 said:

If only the B1G had delayed the start of the season all of their testing questions would have been answered. 

50 million a month. Isn’t that 1/6 of our population? I have no plans on getting tested unless I feel sick, or some one around me was and even then I might just stay away from others for a couple weeks. This capacity seems like more than we need. I think I would rather know how many people have antibodies. 

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, nic said:

50 million a month. Isn’t that 1/6 of our population? I have no plans on getting tested unless I feel sick, or some one around me was and even then I might just stay away from others for a couple weeks. This capacity seems like more than we need. I think I would rather know how many people have antibodies. 

It would single handedly reduce the virus to nothing. You spit on a sample and if you test positive you stay home, if you test negative you go about your day. If you test positive you spit it on a sample until you are negative then you move on with your life. You wouldn't even have to play the guessing game of staying away from others for a couple weeks. 

In sports you could give your entire team a test every morning and just hold out the positive tests. Hell you could allow people to attend games in person so long they test negative the day of the event.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, nic said:

50 million a month. Isn’t that 1/6 of our population? This capacity seems like more than we need.

This is the US finally getting to the point in testing where it should have been five months ago.

• Plus1 4