B1G Officially Cancels 2020 Season, What’s Next For NU?

48 minutes ago, Mavric said:

- No games would be held on campuses, instead moving the entirety of the schedule to neutral sites, which are still to be determined.

Boo. This is what Frost was talking about with the damage to local economies. 

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Austin Peay +4 vs Central Arkansas this Saturday.

Guess they have things under control.

Or they don't and they don't care.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

But what else are they supposed to do?  These people make their living off of Husker football. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think his comment was around the actions of the Big Ten office and university presidents, not the actions of the local media and business owners.  I could be wrong though. :dunno

Yes I was commenting on the Big 10s terrible handling, not others. 

• Plus1 1

There is a side of this that the Big Ten isn't even thinking about.  If they would have started football in the next couple weeks (like normal), they could have really helped research into this virus/disease.  All Big Ten schools are research colleges.  All are associated in some way with a teaching hospital.  All programs would be tested regularly.  I've even seen some talk about testing every day.

More research needs to be done on the spread of the virus.  What a better situation than a group of healthy young people who openly want to participate in an activity that might spread the virus and would be tested very regularly?  This is the perfect situation for these research hospitals to put a program together to learn more about the virus.

But....hey....Gotta wait till January for some reason.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There is a side of this that the Big Ten isn't even thinking about.  If they would have started football in the next couple weeks (like normal), they could have really helped research into this virus/disease.  All Big Ten schools are research colleges.  All are associated in some way with a teaching hospital.  All programs would be tested regularly.  I've even seen some talk about testing every day.

More research needs to be done on the spread of the virus.  What a better situation than a group of healthy young people who openly want to participate in an activity that might spread the virus and would be tested very regularly?  This is the perfect situation for these research hospitals to put a program together to learn more about the virus.

But....hey....Gotta wait till January for some reason.

Have we heard anything about January? Is it full go? I haven't been paying attention.