B1G Officially Cancels 2020 Season, What’s Next For NU?

32 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

You make some very good points here.  My biggest issue is how is A a bigger risk tthen B

A: take 85 kids times 2 and another dozen coaches on both side with a handful of support members (refs and sideline help) - that have all been tested and cleared to spend a couple hours in an open air environment playing a contact sport.

B: 10,000 kids in their school environment that have or have not been tested hanging out and doing 99.9% of the things that college students do.

I don't think it is. I mean... I'm pretty conservative about the whole thing (conservative as in thinking we should be cautious) but if they're gonna let students hang out en masse on campus they may as well let football happen but without the stands full. I think doing neither is probably better but I selfishly want to watch football.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

You make some very good points here.  My biggest issue is how is A a bigger risk tthen B

A: take 85 kids times 2 and another dozen coaches on both side with a handful of support members (refs and sideline help) - that have all been tested and cleared to spend a couple hours in an open air environment playing a contact sport.

B: 10,000 kids in their school environment that have or have not been tested hanging out and doing 99.9% of the things that college students do

As someone who has three kids at UNL right now doing what is in part B, it's what's made part A so frustrating for me.

However, claiming that it's some political conspiracy based on red or blue states......is BS.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

B: 10,000 kids in their school environment that have or have not been tested hanging out and doing 99.9% of the things that college students do.

I agree, B is definitely riskier than A if you're choosing one or the other. But to play devil's advocate, the question is really should A be allowed given B is happening because allowing A and B is riskier than B without A. And A entails hundreds of people traveling between cities and then having close contact between the players on each team for several hours, which increases risk of spreading the virus between regions.

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I agree, B is definitely riskier than A if you're choosing one or the other. But to play devil's advocate, the question is really should A be allowed given B is happening because allowing A and B is riskier than B without A. And A entails hundreds of people traveling between cities and then having close contact between the players on each team for several hours, which increases risk of spreading the virus between regions.

C, D, E, F, G...

Drug testing, yes... just ask Randy Gregory.

COVID testing? Hell no, anyone's guess is as good as another's. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is where I'm at, too. I want to see the Huskers play. I legit think we'll be improved this year. 

I'd prefer they win games... but playing is part of that, so.... 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Isn’t it ironic how all the big star highfalutin players are opting out and our no to low stars are suing to play? Apparently the virus only strikes 5 stars. 

I get the joke, and I chuckled but it's smart. Those stars are prepping for their football jobs, the rest have limited time to still play the game and are fighting to do it. Makes a lot of sense.

14 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I get the joke, and I chuckled but it's smart. Those stars are prepping for their football jobs, the rest have limited time to still play the game and are fighting to do it. Makes a lot of sense.

Would they have played this year had it been  a typical year? 

9 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Would they have played this year had it been  a typical year? 

It’s not so much of them worrying about catching COVID, it was originally about them having to deal with the restrictions while being on campus and being part of the football team, along with the uncertainty of the games actually being played.

They can now turn 100% of their focus for the next step in the football career, without worrying about being on a college campus.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It’s not so much of them worrying about catching COVID, it was originally about them having to deal with the restrictions while being on campus and being part of the football team, along with the uncertainty of the games actually being played.

They can now turn 100% of their focus for the next step in the football career, without worrying about being on a college campus.

Perhaps for some, for others this is Nick Bosa's situation wrapped in Covid.  More & more of these guys are physically ready for the NFL before they've played a 3rd season and they don't want to risk being the next Jaylon Smith.  Covid is a legit reason not to risk injury w/o the selfish stigma ect...

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

Perhaps for some, for others this is Nick Bosa's situation wrapped in Covid.  More & more of these guys are physically ready for the NFL before they've played a 3rd season and they don't want to risk being the next Jaylon Smith.  Covid is a legit reason not to risk injury w/o the selfish stigma ect...

That's a good point, too.  There are certainly guys at the top of the draft who don't need college football, and we will probably see players not even play their 3rd years, or just quit the program after the first sign of an injury (like Nick Bosa).