B1G Officially Cancels 2020 Season, What’s Next For NU?

11 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Where's Desmond's faux outrage now?

Howard is a clown.  Always has been.  He's just desperately trying to say something, anything, to be relevant with no football season this fall.  People already basically don't pay much attention to him anyway.  With no football this fall, he basically disappears. And for people that have a "need" to be visible and worshiped by the public, they struggle with being ignored.

I'd say not even responding to him on his twitter feed is the best approach. Starve him.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

imagine what the traditional big ten schools say about sharing revenue with Nebraska?

You do understand that our revenue stream is in the top portion of the big10.  It's not like we collect $52 million and bring in $0 to the pot.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Like it or not, we're about as relevant as Rutgers at this point, especially to athletes we're trying to recruit.

Sure we travel well and are still enthusiastic about our team, but it's been a long time since we haven't sucked. To think we've got the type of pull of dictate our future to others is delusional.

that is not how this works - but hey enjoy the rant

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

We better slow our roll. Will lose a good chunk of change if we go to the Big 12. Even after absorbing the deadweight of Rutgers and Maryland 

Who says that Big12 is our goal.  Our goal may be to play by our terms and enjoy the revenue that we deserve - rather that be with the big12 / sec / or pro minor league.  I don't know what the revenue share will be going forward but if cancelling an entire year of sports doesn't effect that amount I would be surprised.  College football will see big changes over the next 24 months.

• Plus1 1

In his interview, Day was saying it really needs to be a winter football league more or less started in January so that guys can finish the season and get ready for the draft still. He's not wrong because I don't see anyway a true spring season happens with like a March start it's just too close to everything and you'll lose all draft eligible players with a realistic shot. The problem with that is if you can't start in September because of health issues you sure as heck can't start in January in the middle of flu season and with no signs things will be any better at that point. Even if a vaccine shows up this fall you won't have college age students vaccinated anytime soon. The spring thing just isn't happening. There is no way.

Just now, GBRFAN said:

great link - how did that prove any point.  Please expand....

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

You said Nebraska is in the top portion of the conference in revenue.  We are just outside by my count.  My point is simple, we are on dangerous ground if we think our team is bigger than the conference.  Since we came to this conference, we played exactly one game for a conference championship and I'm pretty sure we all remember how that turned out.  Big game, big stage and nothing but embarrassment to show for it.  Haven't been competitive against the better teams in the conference since.  I'm frustrated.  We, as a fan base, are incredibly proud of our program, it's history and traditions.  But thinking that somehow makes us better or more passionate than other teams' fan bases is silly.  I'm tired of losing to Wisconsin and Iowa.  I want to dominate them.