Initial 2020 AP Top 25 Polls Released

1 hour ago, Undone said:

I really laughed out loud. Hilarious to see the B1G teams in there in the first one.

Tennessee bumps up to #16 in the adjusted poll.

And see that’s why it sucks that BIG pulled out prematurely. No one’s going to end up playing and the last poll out will be the official one.  

It is simply nuts to rank a bunch of teams that not even playing this season.   Why?   

Teams not included but are playing ought to be pissed.  

This poll is purely an unofficial one presumably.  You dont include NFL or CFL or Div 2 or other teams not playing 2020 div 1 cfb.  

Perhaps trying to include some of their favorites for purely historical record reasons?   Hmmm? 

Anyone wonder if they will include the Big Ten teams all season.  Heck, I think we should lobby to get NU ranked No. 1. !! 

48 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It is simply nuts to rank a bunch of teams that not even playing this season.   Why?   

Teams not included but are playing ought to be pissed.  

This poll is purely an unofficial one presumably.  You dont include NFL or CFL or Div 2 or other teams not playing 2020 div 1 cfb.  

Perhaps trying to include some of their favorites for purely historical record reasons?   Hmmm? 

Anyone wonder if they will include the Big Ten teams all season.  Heck, I think we should lobby to get NU ranked No. 1. !! 

They will drop if the other teams play a week.

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Still asking why include teams that are not even playing?   Nonsensical.  

Well, they always rank a few G5 teams, even though they never have a realistic shot at a championship. 

The rankings, especially preseason, are only to spur discussion, which is what they are doing. They have very little real meaning.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Still asking why include teams that are not even playing?   Nonsensical.  

Clicks of course.  I think there is still a decent percentage of the nation that thinks a game will never be played this fall.  Others still think there is a chance the Big Ten changes their decision and allows play later in October.  Imo, the rankings are based off of opinions on the teams right now.  Like others mentioned, if some teams do get to play while others don't, the rankings will change quickly.