Trump tests positive for COVID-19

20 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Watch how his chest contracts. That's hard to fake. My daughter has asthma and if we see her chest pull in like that we're headed straight to the ER. I think he's still laboring to breath watching that. 

This is exactly what Dave Bautista said on Twitter, who is apparently also an asthmatic.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Watch how his chest contracts. That's hard to fake. My daughter has asthma and if we see her chest pull in like that we're headed straight to the ER. I think he's still laboring to breath watching that. 

As an RT, it's hard to diagnosis from a short clip. But knowing what I know about what he's been through, its entirely possible he's still hypoxic and having some major SOB - we call what you're referring to as "retractions". Lets not forget Boris Johnson was 10 days into diagnosis before his ICU visit. This all felt like a premature celebration from Trump, which would be very on brand.

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Because I thought it was funny. Nothing more.  

Gotcha. Thought you thought I was arguing with you.

“I’m not involved in his primary care,” Fauci told CNN’s Chris Cuomo Monday night. “But the issue is that he's still early enough in the disease that it's no secret that if you look at the clinical course of people sometimes, when you're five to eight days in, you can have a reversal,” Fauci said. 

16 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

As an RT, it's hard to diagnosis from a short clip. But knowing what I know about what he's been through, its entirely possible he's still hypoxic and having some major SOB - we call what you're referring to as "retractions". Lets not forget Boris Johnson was 10 days into diagnosis before his ICU visit. This all felt like a premature celebration from Trump, which would be very on brand.

Ya I'm definitely not a doctor, but I've watched my daughter struggle to breath before and I'd be pretty panicked if I saw her breathing like that. She got RSV at 6 months and watching her retract when breathing was terrifying. I keep thinking about the timeline of others and he doesn't seem out of the woods yet. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya I'm definitely not a doctor, but I've watched my daughter struggle to breath before and I'd be pretty panicked if I saw her breathing like that. She got RSV at 6 months and watching her retract when breathing was terrifying. I keep thinking about the timeline of others and he doesn't seem out of the woods yet. 

On a side note, I'm glad you're locked into these things. Always keep her albuterol close (judging by your posts, I'm sure you do).

• Plus1 1

This is "pursed lip breathing". We teach it to COPD patients who live with obstructed airways. When he pushes his lips together he's creating back pressure to splint open the airways and allow more air (oxygen) in. Dude's struggling. Pisses me off because there is no shame in saying, 'this disease is serious and I'm going to stay in the hospital and let my team run the show until this medical team get's me right'.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This is "pursed lip breathing". We teach it to COPD patients who live with obstructed airways. When he pushes his lips together he's creating back pressure to splint open the airways and allow more air (oxygen) in. Dude's struggling. Pisses me off because there is no shame in saying, 'this disease is serious and I'm going to stay in the hospital and let my team run the show until this medical team get's me right'.

He seemed fine in the short speech but the walk up the stairs must have been too much.

So, reading these last few posts, I'm far less skeptical that he had it. Like @Frott Scost, I don't believe a word out of the White House without verification. But this appears to be verification that he had COVID.

People are talking about the timeline, and trump being out of the hospital in three days. I would guess that would entirely depend on the kind of COVID he had. I think when we're past most of this that we'll figure out there have been many different strains of this running through the populace. Some much worse than others, but some - like what Trump seems to have - far less serious.

Watching trump the last few days convinces me more than ever that I had COVID in March. Got very sick from Sunday evening through Tuesday. But by Wednesday my symptoms were pretty much gone and I was almost normal by Friday. If trump had the same thing, it makes sense that he's back on his feet, but still feeling the effects.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

People are talking about the timeline, and trump being out of the hospital in three days.

I saw a doctor talking about this and she said not to read super far into him getting out of the hospital. The White House has a full medical unit that's darn near an ER and they have all the equipment they need to monitor him. A regular person being sent home with no monitoring or maybe an O2 sensor and Trump back at the White House are very different things. He's still being monitored really closely.

• Plus1 2
37 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I saw a doctor talking about this and she said not to read super far into him getting out of the hospital. The White House has a full medical unit that's darn near an ER and they have all the equipment they need to monitor him. A regular person being sent home with no monitoring or maybe an O2 sensor and Trump back at the White House are very different things. He's still being monitored really closely.

This. The White House basically has an ICU suite. If he's on the mend and 02 stats are stable, then being in there as opposed to Walter Reed doesn't really matter. The only issue is isolation to others and if strict droplet protection can be maintained. Mask up and gown up before entry.

• Plus1 1