Trump tests positive for COVID-19

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Not unlike the church photo op.  He had the police, national guard, clear away peaceful protestors - but them and the police in danger- just for a self serving photo op.  He has no appreciation of the danger his hubris places other people in- he is so self serving, he cares nothing for other.  He believes the world circles around him.  He is not worthy of the office and he demonstrates daily how unqualified he is.  Presidents don't act this way.  Period.  He isn't worthy of the title.

Presidents of North Korea do. I assure you no Docs at Walter Reed signed off on this s#!t. Absolutely no regard for anyone but himself, it’s breathtaking to watch. 

• Plus1 1

So he had a positive test but didn't tell anyone until it was confirmed by another test

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-didnt-disclose-first-positive-covid-19-test-while-awaiting-a-second-test-on-thursday-11601844813

WASHINGTON—President Trump didn’t disclose a positive result from a rapid test for Covid-19 on Thursday while awaiting the findings from a more thorough coronavirus screening, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mr. Trump received a positive result on Thursday evening before making an appearance on Fox News in which he didn’t reveal those results. Instead, he confirmed earlier reports that one of his top aides had tested positive for coronavirus and mentioned the second test he had taken that night for which he was awaiting results.

“I’ll get my test back either tonight or tomorrow morning,” Mr. Trump said during the interview. At 1 a.m. on Friday, the president tweeted that he indeed had tested positive.

Under White House protocols, the more reliable test that screens a specimen from deeper in the nasal passage is administered only after a rapid test shows a positive reading. Based on people familiar with the matter, the president’s tests followed that protocol.

As the virus spread among the people closest to him, Mr. Trump also asked one adviser not to disclose results of their own positive test. “Don’t tell anyone,” Mr. Trump said, according to a person familiar with the conversation.

Mr. Trump and his top advisers also aimed to keep such a close hold on the early positive results that his campaign manager, Bill Stepien, didn’t know that Hope Hicks, one of the president’s closest White House aides, had tested positive on Thursday morning until news reports later that evening, according to a person familiar with the matter. The Trump campaign said Friday evening that Mr. Stepien had tested positive.

The initial secrecy within Mr. Trump’s inner circle has created a sense of anxiety within the West Wing. Publicly, the White House has issued evolving and contradictory statements about the president’s health that has some officials worried about their own credibility.

“I’m glued to Twitter and TV because I have no official communication from anyone in the West Wing,” an administration official said.

• Thanks 1

So trump has to act like the messianic figure - true of any cult leader.  He confronts the virus so his loyal subjects don't have to be fearful.   Ok so trump had to act irresponsibly, placing others in danger, so that we can deal wt the virus responsibly - :blink:

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6197209375001

Daily Telegraph Columnist Miranda Devine has unveiled comments made by Donald Trump in a recent conversation with good friend Rudy Giuliani following the President’s contraction of COVID-19. “I have a good update for you from Rudy Giuliani, the former New York Mayor, he’s one of the President’s best friends and has known him for 30 years, he’s also his personal lawyer,” she said. “I spoke to him about an hour ago and he’d just got off the phone from the President”. Ms Devine said the President gave Mr Giuliani this statement: “you can go and tell people I’m watching this coverage - which is basically saying that he’s taken a turn for the worse - I feel I could get out of here right now but they’re telling me there can always be a backstep with this disease”.

“I feel I could go out and do a rally. I am the President of the United States. I can’t lock myself in a room. “I had to confront the virus so the American people stop being afraid of it so we could deal with it responsibly,” the President reportedly told Mr Giuliani.

Ms Devine went on to say “there has been a really nasty, mainly confined to social media, backlash against the President.”

Guys, I think we got conned by the con man. As the days have gone by, I have suspected more and more that this is a big scam to keep the news cycle off his debate performance and the white supremacist stuff. No way a 74 year old man with his medical history gets over this virus after only three days. Information is all over the place. Doctors say hes fine but WH staff is trying to make it seem worse to make him look better when he says hes cured. Hes releasing videos now saying he will take it more seriously now bc hes had it...sure. Now all his supporters on twitter are calling him superman and a true warrior. It was all to make him look good and say he can now take it more seriously to garner more support. The cons never stop for true con men. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

Guys, I think we got conned by the con man. As the days have gone by, I have suspected more and more that this is a big scam to keep the news cycle off his debate performance and the white supremacist stuff. No way a 74 year old man with his medical history gets over this virus after only three days. Information is all over the place. Doctors say hes fine but WH staff is trying to make it seem worse to make him look better when he says hes cured. Hes releasing videos now saying he will take it more seriously now bc hes had it...sure. Now all his supporters on twitter are calling him superman and a true warrior. It was all to make him look good and say he can now take it more seriously to garner more support. The cons never stop for true con men. 

I think he has it. Trump would never purposely agree to looking 'weak' for the sake of overcoming it. He wouldn't give up his golf, or his rallies or his constant underplaying of the virus. Also, if they think he will come out of this looking better, they are very mistaken. 

- He knowingly exposed donors in NJ

- He knowingly exposed Secret Service in the Motorcade today

- He has taken every critical care drug they have to fight COVID, indicating a severe case

- He has used none of the therapeutics he had been pushing since the start 

- He has made fun of Biden wearing a mask constantly, and it turns out a massless event was the spreading event

Basically this Covid diagnosis has proved everything Trump has said since March has been absolute garbage. His base may eat this up, but this will absolutely crush him with everyone else. This s#!t is the dying breath of a sunk re-election campaign. 

• Plus1 2

Gotta love how this jacka$$ has singlehandedly destroyed the ability to know the truth. Either story and more are all fair game. He had it, he never had it, who the f#&% knows?

I still think it is all BS but I was really hoping it was real and we would all be spared having the prick around.

And no @TGHusker, I don't need or want your repeated admonishments for expressing that sentiment. The world is a worse place with that poor excuse of a human in it and even moreso in a position of power.

• Plus1 5

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Gotta love how this jacka$$ has singlehandedly destroyed the ability to know the truth. Either story and more are all fair game. He had it, he never had it, who the f#&% knows?

I still think it is all BS but I was really hoping it was real and we would all be spared having the prick around.

And no @TGHusker, I don't need or want your repeated admonishments for expressing that sentiment. The world is a worse place with that poor excuse of a human in it and even moreso in a position of power.

i don't weant him to die....not because of sympathy though.  i want him to be here to see the humiliating defeat that is coming his way.  i don't want to be cheated out of seeing him skulk away in shame.

1 hour ago, commando said:

i don't weant him to die....not because of sympathy though.  i want him to be here to see the humiliating defeat that is coming his way.  i don't want to be cheated out of seeing him skulk away in shame.

Tempting....but I'd be just as satisfied never seeing or hearing from him again.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, ZRod said:

A power vacuum no matter how terrible or unfit the leader is never a good thing.

A power vacuum? You mean like the one we've had for 3.5+ years already? You can't seriously think our government and leadership could be in any worse hands than it has been.  

This traditional thinking on a "power vacuum" is just another thing that really doesn't apply when you introduce Trump into it. Once again, I feel that sort of problem is much more manageable than what we currently have.