Trump tests positive for COVID-19

3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Hope he recovers but absolutely zero sympathy for Trump at this point.

This timeline illustrates what we've known all along: This administration cares more about politics than people's lives. There aren't really words to describe how f#&%ed up and irresponsible their actions have been.

If he gives so few s#!ts about people in his "inner circle" and his supporters, what makes anyone think he cares about them as Americans?

I couldnt care less if he recovers or not. Not directed at you Danny, but call me a bad person if you want, I dont care. I dont claim to be pro-life when my actions state otherwise like republicans. Im pro-good people living. Trump is a terrible person and the world will be better off when hea gone. Hes spent his whole life scamming people and hurting people. From not paying his bills, to suing people for miniscule things to Trump Univ and stealing students money. Hes a con artist and a cheat. Now hes locking kids in cages and giving the go ahead for hysterectomies to be performed on young women without their permission. He downplayed a virus and people died bc of it.  Hes a coward. Good riddance. In the words of Ivan Drago: if he dies, he dies. 

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Next 48 are critical, but given what we know of the disease and Trump's comorbidities he's not going to be out of the woods for almost 2 weeks. Even if he feels great in a few days, it's not over.

This is so f#&%ed. The country literally has to worry for weeks weather or not we are going to wake up to the news of our leader being incapacitated or dead.

Who's worried? I'm not worried, are you? I mean I hate to be "that" guy but I see way more downside to a full and speedy recovery. Not saying I'm hoping for a bad outcome but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

• Plus1 5

32 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I couldnt care less if he recovers or not. Not directed at you Danny, but call me a bad person if you want, I dont care. I dont claim to be pro-life when my actions state otherwise like republicans. Im pro-good people living. Trump is a terrible person and the world will be better off when hea gone. Hes spent his whole life scamming people and hurting people. From not paying his bills, to suing people for miniscule things to Trump Univ and stealing students money. Hes a con artist and a cheat. Now hes locking kids in cages and giving the go ahead for hysterectomies to be performed on young women without their permission. He downplayed a virus and people died bc of it.  Hes a coward. Good riddance. In the words of Ivan Drago: if he dies, he dies. 

The best I can try to be is indifferent. There are much better people to be concerned about before wasting my time on a bad person. I'm more concerned about what the GOP will try to do with the election if he can't fulfill his role as president.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

This is one time where I'm not listening to people like this. You do not spread rumor like this. It's not productive at all.

Ya I agree on this and it also sounds inaccurate based on everything we know about Covid. I don't think I've heard of people walking one day right after their diagnosis, then dropping dead 4 days later.

That said, based on the anonymous source here and the doctor's non answer, he has been on oxygen.

A source close to the White House said President Trump has received supplemental oxygen since his illness began.

Trump “definitely has had oxygen,” the source said. The source said it was Friday when that happened.  

The President’s physician, Dr. Sean Conley, told reporters earlier Saturday that Trump “is not on oxygen right now.”

When he was asked if the President received it at all, Conley would not directly answer just saying “He has not needed any this morning, today at all.” Asked if he had ever on been on supplemental oxygen as part of his Covid-19 treatment, Conley said “right now he is not,” adding “yesterday and today, he was not on oxygen.”  

cnn.com

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

This is one time where I'm not listening to people like this. You do not spread rumor like this. It's not productive at all.

If you weren’t listening , why did you reply?  

Look.  People on this P&R section of the board and probably every other social media platform out there have had to sift through truths vs rumors vs just outright B.S. for the past 4 years.   Who the hell knows what to believe?   The post you are referring to is no different in that regard.  I guess I don’t see the problem with posting someone’s tweet about the topic at hand.  Just my $.02.  

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Look.  People on this P&R section of the board and probably every other social media platform out there have had to sift through truths vs rumors vs just outright B.S. for the past 4 years.   Who the hell knows what to believe?   The post you are referring to is no different in that regard.  I guess I don’t see the problem with posting someone’s tweet about the topic at hand.  Just my $.02.  

He isn't talking about knapp he's talking about the tweeterer. I believe.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Who's worried? I'm not worried, are you? I mean I hate to be "that" guy but I see way more downside to a full and speedy recovery. Not saying I'm hoping for a bad outcome but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

We (as a country, not my generation though) have been through Presidents deing in office before, or a recently as Regan, being unexpectedly incapacitated. But if Ronald taught us anything... When a head of state is out of commission their will be a power vacuum, and we absolutely know this administration doesn't have it's s#!t together. We would now been even weaker internationally then we already are.

18 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Uh, it's a message board where we share opinions. I'm sharing my double penny that at this time I won't take any unsubstantiated rumors like that one seriously. I really don't think they should be given any merit.

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

We (as a country, not my generation though) have been through Presidents deing in office before, or a recently as Regan, being unexpectedly incapacitated. But if Ronald taught us anything... When a head of state is out of commission their will be a power vacuum, and we absolutely know this administration doesn't have it's s#!t together. We would now been even weaker internationally then we already are.

Uh, it's a message board where we share opinions. I'm sharing my double penny that at this time I won't take any unsubstantiated rumors like that one seriously. I really don't think they should be given any merit.

I'm not sure in this circumstance it's worse to have no president/Pence than it is to have Trump. For example I think if Russia were to full on invade a former Soviet country, Trump would do nothing anyway.

But what I am worried about is the GOP trying to delay the election in a way that helps them and hurts the Democrats. But constitutionally I believe we have to have a new president in January. Also, I'm less worried about other members of the GOP staging a coup than I am of Trump doing it. Although I don't like Pence, I don't think he would try it.

The fact Trump has downplayed the virus this whole time, paid $750 in taxes, and is now staying in a hospital suite bigger than many Americans houses, receiving the most promising medications (not the ones promoted by him, mind you) on the real taxpayers dime....all the while the GOP acts like he is some Warrior for fighting this, in the situation he created.....That should piss off a lot of Americans. 

I sincerely hope he makes it, I hope every American that gets COVID, makes it. But spare me the f#&%ing bulls#!t. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1