Trump tests positive for COVID-19

1 hour ago, commando said:

get well mr. trump. 

i don't want you to miss the humiliating defeat that awaits you in november.

That's honestly the way I feel, too.

Donald Trump needs to live long enough to see everything he cheated his way through come back to bite him.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

This is like the KIm Un watch from a few months ago!

Sadly, that dude turned out to be totally fine even though we kept hearing he was dying/dead.

What actually happened was Kim Jong Un faked his fatal condition/imminent death so he could watch his wannabe successors come out of the woodwork and test their loyalty.  I believe a couple folks were killed. 

Say what you will about the little guy, that's some serious bad-a$$ dictatorship. 

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What actually happened was Kim Jong Un faked his fatal condition/imminent death so he could watch his wannabe successors come out of the woodwork and test their loyalty.  I believe a couple folks were killed. 

Say what you will about the little guy, that's some serious bad-a$$ dictatorship. 

Dang...that is nasty!!!

10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Trump has gone silent on twitter, not participating in one thing left on his schedule for the day (Phone Call) - Kinda scary, I would think if he had mild or no symptoms they would be downplaying the entire thing, insisting COVID isn't a big deal. 

I’ve noticed the term “mild symptoms” gets used pretty loosely since COVID began.  It seems more likely to be meant as a minimizing or reassuring (depending on how one sees it) comment than anything.  The few  people I’ve known who had it, felt pretty crappy for the first couple of days so maybe he’s just trying to sleep it off.  

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Thought experiment: Imagine the roles were reversed.

This absolutely wouldn't be how this would play out if Biden had tested positive and Trump did not.

Trump would be aping Biden mercilessly about how old and weak he is and how we need a strong leader.

And pointing out that all his mask wearing didn’t work.    

What we really need is for this to put enough of a scare into Trump so that he changes his tune on masks and thus convinces all of his supporters that they really are important.   I’m not confident that will happen, but if it did, I would applaud it.   Ultimately it would be better for all of us.  

26 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

What we really need is for this to put enough of a scare into Trump so that he changes his tune on masks and thus convinces all of his supporters that they really are important.   I’m not confident that will happen, but if it did, I would applaud it.   Ultimately it would be better for all of us.  

Except he'll never admit he was wrong, so you can kiss that one goodbye. Although he might begin claiming that was his position all along, so maybe....

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

If he comes out ok, he'll be even more brazen. "I had it, its not a big deal, all you cowards and experts were so worried about that little sickness. I was down for 2 days. Maybe it's just because I'm the most bigly healthiest president ever. God didn't want me to go yet, God wanted me here to be your president and Make America Great Again,  Again. A vote for Biden is a vote against god." 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I think the more classic tragedy is for Trump to survive, only to watch those around him fall. Members of his inner circle. Unsuspecting sycophants and administrative commoners brought into proximity. His family, who visibly refused the face masks offered them by the staff at Case Western. Maybe a couple of the elderly millionaires at the recent Trump fundraiser where the President already knew he'd been exposed. I believe this is already happening. 

13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the more classic tragedy is for Trump to survive, only to watch those around him fall. Members of his inner circle. Unsuspecting sycophants and administrative commoners brought into proximity. His family, who visibly refused the face masks offered them by the staff at Case Western. Maybe a couple of the elderly millionaires at the recent Trump fundraiser where the President already knew he'd been exposed. I believe this is already happening. 

That wouldn't be a tragedy for Trump unless Ivanka or possibly Donald Jr. got really ill.