Censorship

10 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Of course that's not in anyway in reference to what I was getting at such as the actually Nazis that I posted above.  So what should we refer to them as?  Very good people?

Ironic that they guys bristling about pc speak want to soften the term for those posting content that has advertisers fleeing X.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 3
55 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Of course that's not in anyway in reference to what I was getting at such as the actually Nazis that I posted above.  So what should we refer to them as?  Very good people?

Ironic that they guys bristling about pc speak want to soften the term for those posting content that has advertisers fleeing X.  

There's a huge false equivalency in the post you responded to.

Homosexuals aren't pedophiles or groomers.

Nazis are Nazis.

It's a bad-faith argument to conflate those two labels. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Can't we just get back to this?

indyjones.gif?fit=500,210

Well, that depends.  Do they just strongly support the stances of the Nazi's of Hitler's Germany, or were they actually alive and part of Nazi Germany?

Because a lot of people roll their eyes if you call anyone besides 90 year old German men that fought against the Allies "Nazis"...

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Well, that depends.  Do they just strongly support the stances of the Nazi's of Hitler's Germany, or were they actually alive and part of Nazi Germany?

Because a lot of people roll their eyes if you call anyone besides 90 year old German men that fought against the Allies "Nazis"...

Even if they call themselves Nazis?

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

There's a huge false equivalency in the post you responded to.

Homosexuals aren't pedophiles or groomers.

Nazis are Nazis.

It's a bad-faith argument to conflate those two labels. 

I agree with you that being homosexual does not make one a "groomer" or pedophile. But unfortunately there are pedophiles who are, just like there are heterosexual pedophiles. I also agree with you that people who identify themselves as Nazis are scum, and are definitely Nazis. 

My disconnect comes from when @Scarlet commented on the people who are cancelling Disney tweet by claiming they were Nazis. There was no basis for it, and he commandeered a totally separate post from Avi someone that does show actual examples...but that was not what I posted originally. 

That is why I have since included the thoughts from Starts with Us, Krassenstein and Colin Quinn. Hope that helps. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, commando said:

talking about censorship

Their whole plan is going to be an utter disaster for the country.  It's nothing more than a power grab to get their sadistic rocks off.  Imagine gutting the entire civil service and the ramifications on health, the environment, Infrastructure, national defense, homeland security, civil rights...  Kash Patel for CIA?  Wtf?  

They have a plan to tear the entire country down.  That's the easy part.  Try and govern after that.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

12 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Their whole plan is going to be an utter disaster for the country.  It's nothing more than a power grab to get their sadistic rocks off.  Imagine gutting the entire civil service and the ramifications on health, the environment, Infrastructure, national defense, homeland security, civil rights...  Kash Patel for CIA?  Wtf?  

They have a plan to tear the entire country down.  That's the easy part.  Try and govern after that.  

It's absolutely disgusting and amazing to watch at the same time...knowing this is one of our two major parties and there are people from their party, who believe in this crap, already in office.

• TBH 2