The Motive Behind Your Vote - Enthusiasm Factor

Enthusiasm Poll  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I will vote Tuesday against Trump. My ballot will be for Biden. No celebration dance afterwards, but there is really no other viable choice to make.

This is where I’m at. Not thrilled with my options other than the fact that the options can bring us someone new to the WH. That is what the county needs

• Plus1 1

My vote was 100% against Trump and the current state of the Republican Party. I am still technically a registered Republican. and up until 2012 I pretty much voted straight Republican tickets.

I still have serious reservations about many Democrat policy positions but any/all of those concerns are far overshadowed by the damage that has been and would continue to be done by Trump and the Republicans. I hate our government and political system and really feel it has failed. I think the experiment is over and we’re headed towards the necessity of a revolution. I think that will largely depend on what and how the democrats handle the next four years. If they take the likely opportunity of controlling the WH, Senate and House to jam their agenda down the country’s throat, I think it’s all over. But, if they simply return us to some form of normalcy and correct the worst parts of the last four years, then we may stand a chance. I have little faith that is the road they will take. McConnell wrote a whole new playbook on how to abuse legislative power. It simply has been getting worse with every change of power for quite awhile. It will take some extraordinary restraint and patriotic willpower that, quite frankly, I don’t believe any current politicians from either party possess. I fear the system is too broken.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

My vote was 100% against Trump and the current state of the Republican Party. I am still technically a registered Republican. and up until 2012 I pretty much voted straight Republican tickets.

I still have serious reservations about many Democrat policy positions but any/all of those concerns are far overshadowed by the damage that has been and would continue to be done by Trump and the Republicans. I hate our government and political system and really feel it has failed. I think the experiment is over and we’re headed towards the necessity of a revolution. I think that will largely depend on what and how the democrats handle the next four years. If they take the likely opportunity of controlling the WH, Senate and House to jam their agenda down the country’s throat, I think it’s all over. But, if they simply return us to some form of normalcy and correct the worst parts of the last four years, then we may stand a chance. I have little faith that is the road they will take. McConnell wrote a whole new playbook on how to abuse legislative power. It simply has been getting worse with every change of power for quite awhile. It will take some extraordinary restraint and patriotic willpower that, quite frankly, I don’t believe any current politicians from either party possess. I fear the system is too broken.

I honestly think we are screwed either way but getting rid of Trump slows it down. And there are different levels of being screwed. Getting ended by Trump having 8 years or more has to be worse than the other versions.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I still have serious reservations about many Democrat policy positions but any/all of those concerns are far overshadowed by the damage that has been and would continue to be done by Trump and the Republicans.

I agree 100% wt the above. This was the first election ever whereby I did not vote for a single GOPer- that includes "local Yokals"

To many Dem policies are getting too extreme for me.  Biden is a safe moderate choice - if he can last all 4 years health wise.  Not sure I trust where Sen Harris would take us. 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

At any point in the past 4+ years putting against Trump would've been the easy, instantaneous choice for me.

But I put for Biden. He was not my first choice but as time has gone on I'm surprised how much I've come around on him.

Biden is not the one that concerns me. Harris, AOC, Pelosi....they concern me. But like I said earlier, not near as much as Trump and the Rs concern me at this point.

My vote was easy. Based only on character and basically one issue, healthcare, Trump and the Rs came up unbelievably short. Of course that character assessment ranged into numerous areas and negatively affected every comparison of what a President is supposed to be and do.