Biden's America

12 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Most of the individuals trying to call and work with the IRS aren't people who fell victim to a complicated tax code, it's people who didn't realize their traditional 401(k) hasn't been taxed yet. 

I didn’t realize this.  Is that data published somewhere?  

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Gas prices are super low!

Stocks are ON FIRE

LOVING IT!!!!

Yeah, my 401(k) has rebounded quite nicely. I wish I had put it in a Nasdaq mirroring type fund. Would be up over 40% on the year. I'll take the 17% overall growth as mutual funds are typically going to experience less growth than straight stock. But I also don't experience the free fall lows/losses. I'm also a good 20 years at least from retirement  so I don't really need to be watching it all that closely.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Yeah, my 401(k) has rebounded quite nicely. I wish I had put it in a Nasdaq mirroring type fund. Would be up over 40% on the year. I'll take the 17% overall growth as mutual funds are typically going to experience less growth than straight stock. But I also don't experience the free fall lows/losses. I'm also a good 20 years at least from retirement  so I don't really need to be watching it all that closely.

I have been buying NVDA and COIN and now GBTC

Free money!

Also, get in on FUBO...That will end up getting to 10+ dollars 

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I didn’t realize this.  Is that data published somewhere?  

I will have to look, but I don't know if call center data is published. 

My source is 4 current coworkers hired in a wave from the IRS. They worked at a call center. They have all kinds of stories. 

By far the most common person calling were retirees. They were also the most apt to be in tax trouble. This was followed closely by small business owners, usually caught making dubious tax claims.