Biden's America

17 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It's not designated to be on Easter.  It's been on March 31st since 2010.  I never heard about until today but a simple search disproves the notion that it's designated to be on Easter to poke the bear.  It's an international day too.  But MAGA never lets a good froth go unused, Christian-like or not.

Another simple search indicates that this white house proclamation was made on March 29, 2024 and specifically designates March 31, 2024 (Easter Day). Not real sure what 2010 has to do with an issue the Biden WH went out of their way to issue a proclamation for yesterday.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2024/03/29/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility-2024/#:~:text=You are America%2C and my,as Transgender Day of Visibility.

And to be clear, I’m not frothed up over it. I voted for Biden last time and will (shudders) vote for him this time. If they could just get out of their own damn way Trump wouldn’t stand a chance.

And why does this issue need to be confined to one specific day? Shouldn’t treating all people with respect be an everyday deal? I just think it would’ve been more wise to realize what specific day this March 31 is and adjust accordingly.

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And to be clear, I’m not frothed up over it. I voted for Biden last time and will (shudders) vote for him this time. If they could just get out of their own damn way Trump wouldn’t stand a chance.

+1 

33 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Another simple search indicates that this white house proclamation was made on March 29, 2024 and specifically designates March 31, 2024 (Easter Day). Not real sure what 2010 has to do with an issue the Biden WH went out of their way to issue a proclamation for yesterday.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2024/03/29/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility-2024/#:~:text=You are America%2C and my,as Transgender Day of Visibility.

And why does this issue need to be confined to one specific day? Shouldn’t treating all people with respect be an everyday deal? I just think it would’ve been more wise to realize what specific day this March 31 is and adjust accordingly.

They started doing the proclamations in 2021. This year it just happens to be on Easter. 

Kinda funny it was in 2024 though. The next time Easter is on the 31st is 2086. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They started doing the proclamations in 2021. This year it just happens to be on Easter. 

Fine, and I get that. But be smart about it. Sure it’s a worthy cause but go for the bigger tent approach and don’t throw gas on the fire. 

I know the bigots and haters will always find something but there are some in between that don’t need to be needlessly pushed to the other side. Of course my only real concern here is keeping Trump miles away from the WH. TBH I really don’t care about the proclamation other than how it aids or hinders that goal.

32 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Oh no! Some holidays occurred at the same time!

Anyway...

Yes, a holiday that provided them an opportunity to not alienate more potential voters. I guess the $64,000 question is if it helped gain more than it lost. My bet is it was a net loss.

Anyway…

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

This type of s#!t is what I don’t like about dems. They can be so tone deaf at times. Great, raise awareness for the trans community, but don’t designate it for one of the holiest days of the year just to poke the bear. Utter stupidity on their part imo.

You know Easter is on a different day every year, right, and that Jesus was cool with eunuchs and whores?

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2
16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

How many National holidays did Pilate make for eunuchs and whores?

If you can just put on your tolerance pants and power through it you won't have to deal with it for another 62 years.  Hopefully World Tattoo Day doesn't fall on a holiday anytime soon since we're casting about judgement on what is a sin and all.  

• Plus1 2
39 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You know Easter is on a different day every year, right, and that Jesus was cool with eunuchs and whores?

The issue for me is not the “issue” itself. WWJD or what should actual Christians do isn’t the issue.

My focus is defeating orange man bad and, imo, this edict doesn’t help that cause. There are hard left and hard right groups that won’t be swayed. But there has to be a rather large group in the middle that can still be influenced. I believe many in that group are not opposed to equal and fair treatment of the LGBTQ community BUT are at the same time tired of having the issue shoved in their face. I’d rather those people vote for Biden than Trump. Let the Rs spew their messages of hate to determine which side people align with. IMO it’s not an issue that requires an opposite message to win the issue. Dems can simply say we support inclusion and let the Rs shoot themselves in the foot.

Anyhow, that’s my two cents.

• TBH 1

14 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

If you can just put on your tolerance pants and power through it you won't have to deal with it for another 62 years.  Hopefully World Tattoo Day doesn't fall on a holiday anytime soon since we're casting about judgement on what is a sin and all.  

I absolutely have tolerance for anything, and I mean anything thats not illegal, that an adult wants to do in their own private lives. 

What I have a problem with is forced acknowledgement and national holidays for something that the majority view as fringe, and represents less than 1% of society. 

That it co-opts the most religious Christian holiday this year is unfortunate. I believe that this type of stuff is what will force undecideds and Independent voters to choose Trump. Which is a horrible outcome.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Kinda funny it was in 2024 though. The next time Easter is on the 31st is 2086. 

AOC and Bernie said we only 12 years left a few years ago, so it’s nice I guess we won’t have to worry about it then.  :D

35 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Hopefully World Tattoo Day doesn't fall on a holiday anytime soon since we're casting about judgement on what is a sin and all.  

Did we cast judgement on what is a sin with this though?   

• TBH 1
58 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

How many National holidays did Pilate make for eunuchs and whores?

So are we talking about Christianity or the Roman pantheon? I'm confused .