Biden's America

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Right... Which is why they made this proclamation.

Yeah, I guess I expressed my frustration with the proclamation because of which voters it could potentially alienate but my real frustration is with a country that advertises liberty and justice for all but a rather large subset of the people just don’t f#&%ing get it.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I guess I expressed my frustration with the proclamation because of which voters it could potentially alienate but my real frustration is with a country that advertises liberty and justice for all but a rather large subset of the people just don’t f#&%ing get it.

It's a wonderful club isn't it?

love-semipro.gif

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

For most of my life I never understood why Easter floated around so much. Not only different weeks, but sometimes different months. Then I found out from one of my kid's picture books. Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox. Turns out it has much more to do with existing pagan rituals than it does Christianity. 

In other news, we just hid Easter eggs for our 20 year old son home for Spring Break. They are plastic and filled with money. Felt good. I like Easter. 

Next you're going to tell me some guy named Hey-Zues wasn't actually born on Christmas Day.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Turns out it has much more to do with existing pagan rituals than it does Christianity. 

The hodgepodge of religious rituals that make up Christianity but have nothing to do with Christ is lengthy and many-varied. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

Shocked pikachu face that nobody disapproving of Biden's trans visibility day message also felt behoven to share his easter remarks, but here they are:

Jill and I send our warmest wishes to Christians around the world celebrating Easter Sunday. Easter reminds us of the power of hope and the promise of Christ’s Resurrection.

As we gather with loved ones, we remember Jesus’ sacrifice. We pray for one another and cherish the blessing of the dawn of new possibilities. And with wars and conflict taking a toll on innocent lives around the world, we renew our commitment to work for peace, security, and dignity for all people.

From our family to yours, happy Easter and may God bless you.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Shocked pikachu face that nobody disapproving of Biden's trans visibility day message also felt behoven to share his easter remarks, but here they are:

How exclusionary!!!! 

He doesn't even say anything about the other religions that don't celebrate Easter.  How horrible is this guy?@!???

• Haha 2
  • Worth a Look 1

Just to be clear: March 31 has been Trans Visibility Day for the past 15 years. 

Mike Johnson and others are saying it's outrageous that it occurred on Easter, and blames Biden for making it so. When offered that accusation during an Easter Egg Roll, Biden claims he didn't schedule TVD during Easter. Which is basically true as he inherited the day --- but he did sign the proclamation. Now we're supposed to clutch our pearls that this is either totally disingenuous, or classic Biden forgetfulness.

So let's look at the choices:

1) Biden or a staff member notices that the 2024 TVD falls on Easter, and breaks the 15 year precedent by having the organization schedule it for another day. Because obviously............Christians would be offended? Because......trans visibility is anti-Christian? Because you don't want to alienate the people who already hate you in an election year?  Hey, thanks for the support, Joe.

2) Biden refuses to sign any trans proclamation. 

3) Biden just rolls with it as he did, thinking the Trans community deserves the recognition, and nobody would notice that in addition to it being Easter this year, March 31 was also:

• Anesthesia Tech Day 
  • Cesar Chavez Day - March 31, 2024 (Usually on March 31st)
  • Dance Marathon Day 
  • Easter Sunday - March 31, 2024
  • Eiffel Tower Day 
  • International Hug a Medievalist Day 
  • International Transgender Day of Visibility 
  • National Baked Ham with Pineapple Day - March 31, 2024 (Same Day as Easter)
  • National Bunsen Burner Day 
  • National Clams on the Half Shell Day 
  • National Crayon Day 
  • National Farm Workers Day 
  • National Prom Day 
  • National She's Funny That Way 
  • Tater Day 
  • Transfer Day - (U.S. Virgin Islands)
  • World Backup Day

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3

I feel like this is not really a big deal it is just giving people something to b!^@h out.   Had he moved it, people would have b!^@hed about that.

I was at an easter gathering yesterday with like 40 people.  No one mentioned it at all.

We did find out that a friend found out her live in boyfriend banged her sister.  Not sure if there is a day for that.

• Haha 3
50 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just to be clear: March 31 has been Trans Visibility Day for the past 15 years. 

Mike Johnson and others are saying it's outrageous that it occurred on Easter, and blames Biden for making it so. When offered that accusation during an Easter Egg Roll, Biden claims he didn't schedule TVD during Easter. Which is basically true as he inherited the day --- but he did sign the proclamation. Now we're supposed to clutch our pearls that this is either totally disingenuous, or classic Biden forgetfulness.

So let's look at the choices:

1) Biden or a staff member notices that the 2024 TVD falls on Easter, and breaks the 15 year precedent by having the organization schedule it for another day. Because obviously............Christians would be offended? Because......trans visibility is anti-Christian? Because you don't want to alienate the people who already hate you in an election year?  Hey, thanks for the support, Joe.

2) Biden refuses to sign any trans proclamation. 

3) Biden just rolls with it as he did, thinking the Trans community deserves the recognition, and nobody would notice that in addition to it being Easter this year, March 31 was also:

• Anesthesia Tech Day 
  • Cesar Chavez Day - March 31, 2024 (Usually on March 31st)
  • Dance Marathon Day 
  • Easter Sunday - March 31, 2024
  • Eiffel Tower Day 
  • International Hug a Medievalist Day 
  • International Transgender Day of Visibility 
  • National Baked Ham with Pineapple Day - March 31, 2024 (Same Day as Easter)
  • National Bunsen Burner Day 
  • National Clams on the Half Shell Day 
  • National Crayon Day 
  • National Farm Workers Day 
  • National Prom Day 
  • National She's Funny That Way 
  • Tater Day 
  • Transfer Day - (U.S. Virgin Islands)
  • World Backup Day

for #1) this kinda is how I view it too.

For #2) he coulda maybe possibly just took ownership of it instead of denying it.  

He coulda also said “hey, in honor of the upcoming Easter Holiday, we are gonna proclaim this day on Saturday this year while also remembering the 25 other days of remembrance coming up later in the year. 

For #3) if we are gonna make a funny, then It’s not very inclusive of him to deny a press release about all the other days of remembrance if we are going for inclusiveness. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2