Biden's America

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

LOL...yeah...sure.  Because...you know...the President of the US controls everything international.

MAGA sure is working hard to rage farm this.

Again, you fail to understand what’s being said :facepalm:

Not sure what you mean by MAGA as I’m the one posting, however, the rage farm certainly can be applied both ways as you and others “rage” against a simple suggestion being made.  

Just an FYI, the day was “created” by some activist in Michigan.  That would be Michigan if the good ol USofA.  This isn’t as International as you would love it to be.   Not really some large international organization deciding this:dunno.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Again, you fail to understand what’s being said :facepalm:

No...I'm actually not.  You're falling for rage farming from MAGA.

This is a complete non-issue that has been trumped up by them and everyone that promotes the rage is just supporting an idiotic fake issue.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No...I'm actually not.  You're falling for rage farming from MAGA.

This is a complete non-issue that has been trumped up by them and everyone that promotes the rage is just supporting an idiotic fake issue.

It is the epitome of snowflake manufactured drama.

And yes, we're laughing at you, not with you, MAGA. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 3
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This may be the funniest froth the right has come up with in recent memory. 

The people whose jimmies are in a bunch over this aren't actually affected in any way. They still had their Easter just like normal, they didn't see or interact with any trans people at their family gathering, they weren't forced to do anything related to this proclamation at all.

But boy, are they BIG MAD about this thing that had nothing to do with them whatsoever.

:ahhhhhhhh

They remind me of toddlers throwing a tantrum.

But we should TOTALLY take them seriously.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This may be the funniest froth the right has come up with in recent memory. 

The people whose jimmies are in a bunch over this aren't actually affected in any way. They still had their Easter just like normal, they didn't see or interact with any trans people at their family gathering, they weren't forced to do anything related to this proclamation at all.

But boy, are they BIG MAD about this thing that had nothing to do with them whatsoever.

:ahhhhhhhh

Unfortunately it makes complete sense. MAGA and Trump have absolutely nothing else to offer. All they have to rally around are stupid issues like this. They have to manufacture rage to keep their mentally challenged supporters engaged with them. It’s been this way for quite awhile.

• TBH 4
18 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

for #1) this kinda is how I view it too.

He coulda also said “hey, in honor of the upcoming Easter Holiday, we are gonna proclaim this day on Saturday this year while also remembering the 25 other days of remembrance coming up later in the year. 

For #3) if we are gonna make a funny, then It’s not very inclusive of him to deny a press release about all the other days of remembrance if we are going for inclusiveness. 

Care to write that proclamation up? "We are moving Trans Visibility Day up a day because......."

Bonus points for figuring out why Jesus Christ of all people would find greater acceptance of marginalized people offensive. And while you have your spin doctor hat on, how would you explain to LGBT advocates that you were afraid of Christians in a way that wouldn't also have you mocked. 

Obviously National Bunsen Burner Day deserves no proclamation. But had Biden signed off on Ceasar Chavez/National Farm Workers Day, there would have been a s#!tstorm, too. At this point the conservative outrage machine requires no special day to get its panties in a bunch. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Care to write that proclamation up? "We are moving Trans Visibility Day up a day because......."

………As President I said so.  We can give you even more Visibility on one the other upcoming 35 LGBTQIA days if you feel slighted” 

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Bonus points for figuring out why Jesus Christ of all people would find greater acceptance of marginalized people offensive

No reason to try and get bonus points because I already aced the quiz and I never claimed Jesus would. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And while you have your spin doctor hat on, how would you explain to LGBT advocates that you were afraid of Christians in a way that wouldn't also have you mocked. 

Well, I wouldn’t feel the need to explain anything to them as there are already many, many, many days on the calendar that carve them out for recognition.  I would also maybe laugh at them for thinking it was because I was “afraid of Christians”.  Then I would go call their attempt at  mocking as “rage farming” :lol:

21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Obviously National Bunsen Burner Day deserves no proclamation. But had Biden signed off on Ceasar Chavez/National Farm Workers Day, there would have been a s#!tstorm, too

It’s a shame those days didn’t get their due as they only get 1 a year 

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Bonus points for figuring out why Jesus Christ of all people would find greater acceptance of marginalized people offensive. And while you have your spin doctor hat on, how would you explain to LGBT advocates that you were afraid of Christians in a way that wouldn't also have you mocked. 

Lost in all this frothing is that Jesus would be the first person to invite trans folks to his Easter celebration. The irony of that compared to the utter OUTRAGE from people who claim to follow him is peak MAGA.

Bonus point - there are Christian trans folks who celebrated Easter the same day you did, MAGA.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

………As President I said so.  We can give you even more Visibility on one the other upcoming 35 LGBTQIA days if you feel slighted” 

No reason to try and get bonus points because I already aced the quiz and I never claimed Jesus would. 

Well, I wouldn’t feel the need to explain anything to them as there are already many, many, many days on the calendar that carve them out for recognition.  I would also maybe laugh at them for thinking it was because I was “afraid of Christians”.  Then I would go call their attempt at  mocking as “rage farming” :lol:

It’s a shame those days didn’t get their due as they only get 1 a year 

You never answered why Trans Visibility conflicts with Easter, a holiday the President also honored in a much larger way. 

Ironically, this outrage has spurred the most visible Trans Visibility Day March 31 has ever seen!

But squeezing it into "one of the other upcoming 35 LGBTQIA days" sounds like you're not interested in giving it visibility at all, and are indeed mocking it. Which we knew all along. So A) was clearly not your choice, and you should have gone with B) don't write any proclamation at all. 

BTW, did you know that Robert Bunsen, inventor of the Bunsen Burner was a eugenicist and pedophile? 

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Lost in all this frothing is that Jesus would be the first person to invite trans folks to his Easter celebration. The irony of that compared to the utter OUTRAGE from people who claim to follow him is peak MAGA.

Bonus point - there are Christian trans folks who celebrated Easter the same day you did, MAGA.

Knapp and @Guy Chamberlin

I think the below quote applies to both of your posts.   The older I get, the more loving and accepting I see God the Father.  For Jesus said he was a reflection of who God really is - "He who has seen me has seen the Father".   A great book along those lines is Brad Jersak's "A More Christ-like God- A More Beautiful Gospel" - gets rid of the false image of the revengeful, angry, retributive god of bad theology which affects too much of western theology but not all of Christianity  (A theology which led to the Dark Ages and was a form of political control when Rome and the church at the time were tied at the hip).   Jersak's other book "Her Gates will Never Shut" also gives a more hopeful picture of 'end things'  - a more hopeful viewpoint that most of the church in the first 3-4 centuries  held before Govt and Religion united to control people.  (Thus the reason I'm so opposed to Trump's Cult)

Luke 14 The Parable of the Great Banquet

vs 10-26

But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests.  For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid.  But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind,  and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”

Then one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.” Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests.  At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’

“But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.’

“Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’

“Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’

“The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame. (TG: Taking editorial liberty: bring in those consider outcast by the self righteous - The LGBTQ.., the illegal or legal immigrant, _)

“‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.’

“Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’”

• TBH 1
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Knapp and @Guy Chamberlin

I think the below quote applies to both of your posts.   The older I get, the more loving and accepting I see God the Father.  For Jesus said he was a reflection of who God really is - "He who has seen me has seen the Father".   A great book along those lines is Brad Jersak's "A More Christ-like God- A More Beautiful Gospel" - gets rid of the false image of the revengeful, angry, retributive god of bad theology which affects too much of western theology but not all of Christianity  (A theology which led to the Dark Ages and was a form of political control when Rome and the church at the time were tied at the hip).   Jersak's other book "Her Gates will Never Shut" also gives a more hopeful picture of 'end things'  - a more hopeful viewpoint that most of the church in the first 3-4 centuries  held before Govt and Religion united to control people.  (Thus the reason I'm so opposed to Trump's Cult)

Luke 14 The Parable of the Great Banquet

vs 10-26

But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests.  For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid.  But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind,  and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”

Then one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.” Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests.  At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’

“But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.’

“Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’

“Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’

“The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame. (TG: Taking editorial liberty: bring in those consider outcast by the self righteous - The LGBTQ.., the illegal or legal immigrant, _)

“‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.’

“Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’”

I appreciate the parable, although there's still a lot of anger and I dare say revenge. I don't see why you shouldn't invite some neighbors and outcasts to the same meal and treat them equally. That would be a nice lesson. Maybe the guy trying to sell his oxen could make a different date. The banquet-giver is pretty thin-skinned in this parable. 

But I do share your bigger picture TGH. The Old Testament used a lot of fear, which the Church was happy to exert in the name of control.  Jesus' gospel of love and forgiveness often seems at odds with God's earlier word, but as the fount of Christianity it is a wonderful blueprint for how we should all live. You certainly don't have to be Christian to appreciate Jesus' teachings.  

51 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You never answered why Trans Visibility conflicts with Easter, a holiday the President also honored in a much larger way.

I won’t be trying to answer it either in this forum because of the risk of others taking words out of context, trying to get me banned which often has happened.  Maybe though a private DM we could discuss, but otherwise I will pass.  

53 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ironically, this outrage has spurred the most visible Trans Visibility Day March 31 has ever seen!

They are welcome I guess:dunno

54 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But squeezing it into "one of the other upcoming 35 LGBTQIA days" sounds like you're not interested in giving it visibility at all, and are indeed mocking it. Which we knew all along.

That would be your opinion.  I literally stated it could get visibility on the days they currently get visibility.  

57 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

BTW, did you know that Robert Bunsen, inventor of the Bunsen Burner was a eugenicist and pedophile? 

I did not know that.  Maybe that’s why I’ve preferred the Teclu burner.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
53 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I appreciate the parable, although there's still a lot of anger and I dare say revenge. I don't see why you shouldn't invite some neighbors and outcasts to the same meal and treat them equally. That would be a nice lesson. Maybe the guy trying to sell his oxen could make a different date. The banquet-giver is pretty thin-skinned in this parable

Of course the banquet giver isn't an exact representative of God the Father.   The target audience of the parable are the religious leaders who should have been first at the table by the fact that they should have been exhibiting the attributes of 'good religion' which would have been inclusive and showed humility.  But since those making the excuses (aka the religious leaders of the day) declined to come into the banquet by the way of humility (which really is the theme of the parable) the first would become last and the last would become first. Thus those who came by the way of humility, the outcasts by the world's standard, would be the first - and they in the real banquet would always be welcomed.   Some would argue that those who would 'become last' would not be excluded ultimately but that they would also be included but at a time when they made humility as the way of life.  That may mean they go through the school of hard knocks in the present life and separation for a time in the next life (if one believes 'judgment' is restorative and remedial and not retributive as I do).  First and last are included just like A and Z are both a part of the alphabet.  In this case if A was proud of being first, it would be made last due to its proud response.  Better to take the humble seat at the table and be asked to move up then take the proud seat and asked to move down.    They are still at the table but at a cost to their pride - which ultimately is a good thing - what some call 'severe mercies'. 

• Plus1 1