Biden's America

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Because that wasn’t the question

You won't do it because it would disprove the push poll's lie that it would "primarily" benefit the wealthy. 

https://studentloanjustice.medium.com/student-loan-cancellation-will-not-benefit-the-wealthy-92694be79936

0*zgGFevpZTg5B8RhU.jpeg
Source: U.S. Department of Education (Q4 2020)

The fact that older people tend to earn more than younger people does not mean that they are “wealthy”, and don’t deserve loan cancellation. In fact the opposite is true. The fact that their loan balances have exploded to owing far more than younger borrowers- despite having borrowed far less many years or decades ago- only demonstrates how broken this lending system has become, and why broad student loan cancellation is not only needed, but inevitable.

• Thanks 3
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

You won't do it because it would disprove the push poll's lie that it would "primarily" benefit the wealthy. 

https://studentloanjustice.medium.com/student-loan-cancellation-will-not-benefit-the-wealthy-92694be79936

0*zgGFevpZTg5B8RhU.jpeg

Source: U.S. Department of Education (Q4 2020)

The fact that older people tend to earn more than younger people does not mean that they are “wealthy”, and don’t deserve loan cancellation. In fact the opposite is true. The fact that their loan balances have exploded to owing far more than younger borrowers- despite having borrowed far less many years or decades ago- only demonstrates how broken this lending system has become, and why broad student loan cancellation is not only needed, but inevitable.

I have no problem saying who benefits.  That said…

That is on me for originally glossing over the word “primarily” in the poll.  I will own that pay more attention on the wording next time.   I will see if there are any polls that ask the same question with the word “primarily” left out to get a more accurate answer.  

• Plus1 1