Biden's America

15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

What they should do (maybe this exists already and I'm just ignorant) is have high school classes that count as credits toward a trade school degree, just like they do with the AP classes counting towards college credit in English, Math, History, etc.

Like if you take wood shop it should count towards some community college class that is part of an associate's degree. Or CAD, or graphic design, or whatever.

I know you can take college classes to count for high school credit which in a way is the same thing, but I don't think that's something that's actually promoted and it doesn't always go towards a core requirement to graduate high school.

We have this 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

What's the context of the 17,000 miles? It was a claim from when he was VP, but I can't access the WaPo article.

Try opening the article in an incognito window.

The basics is that Biden made 4 separate comments about how he traveled 17,000 miles with Xi Jinpeng when they were both VP's but that 17,000 number is certainly untrue.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Try opening the article in an incognito window.

The basics is that Biden made 4 separate comments about how he traveled 17,000 miles with Xi Jinpeng when they were both VP's but that 17,000 number is certainly untrue.

Thanks for the tip, and the low down.

It seems like a random number, so believeable on one hand, but that is a LOT of time spent together...maybe they took a road trip to see the backcountry 

This is Biden's America .  In 1981 Ronald Reagan received from Jimmy Carter an America that was beat down, discouraged and seemed to be on its last legs.  The era of 'malaise' had set in.  The feeling was that the presidency was too big for one man and that govt &  the economy's downward spiral were both out of control & unmanageable and our foreign foes laughed at us - the Soviets and Iran in particular. 

Well, here we are 40 years later and we are in a similar situation.   Under the last year of Trump's presidency we have had a poor response to covid, race riots following the murder of innocent black men and women by police,  an election that turned the country against itself, and a riot at the capital, a president that refused to follow the traditional, peaceful transfer of power, 2 impeachment trials,  and now this winter disaster in Texas and the disastrous response of leaders of one of our largest states.

Again our foes mock as noted in the link below.   

So this is the America Biden inherited.   This is now Biden's America. While there are many things I may not agree with (some of his EOs are a stretch for me), I want him to succeed because I want America to succeed.  If he goes too far to the left, history has shown that the pendulum will eventually return to the middle.  So, my prayer is for him and his team to have the courage, strength and fortitude to work through all of these issues.  My hope is that he and the Congressional leaders will have wisdom and will learn to work together (looking at you Mitch) to solve problems and end the partisan divide.  I commit to write/call my congressmen to do the right thing to move us out of the divide.  My hope is that in 4 years, regardless of who is in the WH and what party is leading us that it will be "Morning in America Again".   

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-02-18/an-ordinary-country-with-serious-shortcomings-us-foes-blast-deadly-texas-outages

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

This doesn’t look good for Biden if true

Here's Abbott's declaration of emergency, there's no mention of Biden or the feds anywhere, he only declared state aid. That doesn't mean he didn't ask separately, but it's something easy to claim after the fact in order to pass the buck.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgov.texas.gov%2Fuploads%2Ffiles%2Fpress%2FDISASTER_severe_weather_FINAL_02-12-2021.pdf

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2