Who should be our starting QB?

Moiraine

Who should be our starting QB?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Toe said:

@krc1995 Step 1: WR gets open. Step 2: QB gets the ball to them.

Do not skip step 1 if you'd like to retain possession of the ball.

Neither QB can throw the ball consistently so it’s a tough position to judge   

I think they’re fine. 

6 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Have to remember, LM is still only in his 3rd year playing QB. It’s going to take some time, but he should improve pretty consistently.  And to whoever said he can’t throw the ball 20 yards, get real. 

Right now, even being limited throwing, he brings more than AM just because he’s more decisive and runs more aggressively.  And the play he made when he threw it left handed.  That shows the pure athleticism he has. AM never makes a play like that. 

I said it. 

show me 

9 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Neither QB can throw the ball consistently so it’s a tough position to judge   

I think they’re fine. 

I said it. 

show me 

Maybe if the coach called something more than 5-10 yards. It’s tough for either QB to be consistent in that passing range when the entire secondary is sitting in that area. Even if we don’t complete, we have to show that we are willing to try. 

I really do believe you’ll see him improve rapidly has he gets more game time. 

I'm fine with Luke starting because we have to try something different. 

But it's not like the offense was really that much better.  Might have been worse.

Total Offense:

Ohio State - 370

Northwestern - 442

Penn State - 298

Completion percentage:

Ohio State - 80.0%

Northwestern - 53.3%

Penn State - 61.9%

Yards per pass attempt:

Ohio State - 8.0

Northwestern - 4.8

Penn State - 7.2 - remove the "pass" to Betts and it was 5.3

Starting QB rushing:

Ohio State - 13 for 82

Northwestern - 13 for 102

Penn State - 13 for 67

Current Total Defense Ranking:

Ohio State - 31

Northwestern - 16

Penn State - 45

The defense scored 7 points themselves and set the offense up for a "drive" that only gained 10 yards but netted a field goal.  We only scored 3 points in the second half and the offense only scored 6 points in the last 44 minutes of the game.

Trot Luke out there against next week.  But it wasn't really any different than what we had been seeing.  Which (hopefully) means the problem is much bigger than the QB.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Can we all agree to stop calling him LM? It's stupid. AM is cool because it's lends itself to cool time references. Like 2AM closing time.

Wtf is LM??? It's Luke, McCaffrey, or Luke McCaffrey. Maybe Mac daddy or lil Mac, but for the love of God, not LM!

I don’t like LMC. Sounds like a hospital. LMc? 

I dunno.  Personally I think a rFreshman winning his first game as a starter is pretty cool.  I think he'll be fine.  Who knows.  Next year maybe Smothers will be 2020's McCaffrey.  I'm excited about him as well.  Anyway people forget that today was Luke's first start.  They don't always go so well.