Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

BASICALLY, if you continue to identify as a Republican, you're not American, you don't believe in democracy, and you may as well admit you're a bad person.

Kudos!

i see fortenberry on that list.  if sasse is there i overlooked it.

Just now, commando said:

i see fortenberry on that list.  if sasse is there i overlooked it.

These are just House members. Maybe the Senate (Sasse & the trump stooge woman out west) had their own, but I haven't seen it.

(Fischer) took a minute to remember her name. Hard to recall all the clone names.

Just now, knapplc said:

These are just House members. Maybe the Senate (Sasse & the trump stooge woman out west) had their own, but I haven't seen it.

(Fischer) took a minute to remember her name. Hard to recall all the clone names.

ahh...didn't pay that close attention to it.   didn't realize it was just the house.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, commando said:

does anyone remember when many of us were saying trump was a dictator wannabe and he would destroy democracy to hold onto power if he could?   i think this post election has proven that we were right about good old Don the Con and his followers were ARE blind to what he really is.

My edit is the real problem we are facing right now.  There are so many people in this country that totally believe him when he says he really won the election and they are mad at the world for Believing Biden won.

My fear is that even if Trump came out and said, "OK, I concede and agree that Biden won", a significant number of these people will believe they still need to fight for him.

It's a can of s#!t that he and his media outlets have opened up that it's going to be very hard to put back in the can.

• Plus1 3

George Conway OPED on Trump's Texas strategy to steal the election

https://www.chron.com/opinion/article/Trump-s-last-ditch-effort-to-steal-the-election-15792007.php

Some selected quotes from the OPED:

"We will be INTERVENING in the Texas (plus many other states) case. This is the big one. Our Country needs a victory!" tweeted the soon-to-be-ex-president of the United States. A filing at the Supreme Court soon followed.

President Donald Trump needs an intervention these days all right - but not of the kind he was talking about. And it's he who desperately needs a victory, not the country.

That's because Trump and his allies have lost just about every lawsuit they've brought to try to keep him in office. By one Democratic election lawyer's count, they have just one win and 55 losses to show for their efforts (a ratio that would be even more lopsided if he counted multiple losses in each case). Adding insult to injury, the Trumpistas' solitary victory was a piddling, technical one that affected just a tiny number of ballots, nowhere near enough to change the result. Sad!

Trump and his litigation boosters have lost every which way, and everywhere. In state courts and federal courts. In trial courts and appellate courts, intermediate and supreme. Before Democratic judges and Republican ones. In Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada - every state that could possibly matter. On substantive grounds and procedural ones, on the facts, and on the law.

They've already lost a case in the U.S. Supreme Court - and are about to lose there again, very, very soon.

Their problem is they have nothing to sue about, and never did. The words of a Trump-appointed member of the federal appeals court in Philadelphia pretty much sum things up: "Calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here."

What of the Texas suit's merits? It has none. It's a recycling of failed claims. Whining about poll-watchers being excluded, nonsense about "mysterious late night dumps of thousands of ballots," fantasies about rigged Dominion voting machines - a Cuisinart of allegations rejected by courts from Philadelphia to Carson City.

Texas's proposed complaint even has a claim that, given Trump's middle-of-election-night lead in the defendant states, there was less than a "one in a quadrillion" chance that Biden should have won. Do they really think the justices of the Supreme Court are that stupid?

And what relief does the Texas suit seek? For the court to declare that the 62 electoral votes of Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin "cannot be counted." That's a quote.

That any member of any bar, let alone a member of the Supreme Court bar, could file such flimsy tripe in any court, let alone the Supreme Court, is an embarrassment to the legal profession. For public officials such as Paxton and his fellow Republican attorneys general to call for the wholesale disenfranchisement of the people of four states is an affront to the rule of law, an insult to an independent judiciary and a contempt of democracy.

The big fraud of 2020 didn't take place in any voting booth, drop box or tabulation center. It happened after the election, at the presidential lectern, at news conferences and in legal briefs orchestrated to support the fiction that Donald Trump won. History will record that the scam didn't succeed.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I keep tbinking someone in a Democrat state should sue Texas for something similar to show how absurd this all is.

Or just demand that the people who have endorsed these seditious ideas not be seated in congress.

Oh, wait - someone HAS suggested that! And it turns out it may be constitutional!

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1