Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

Just now, Archy1221 said:

One is filling seats, one is adding seats. 

for the purpose of?   and what about moscow mitch blocking confirmation of judges nominated by obama?  in all cases it is done to gain a political advantage but i am just a weary old carpenter...not a lawyer so what do i know?   all i do is try to apply common sense as i see it to things and i see no difference in outcome in any of these scenarios.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Stacking is appointing same leaning judges for a majority. Packing is adding to the overall number, against established norms, to counteract that majority.

A justice dies and the President nominates someone and the Senate confirms the nominee....is normal.

A Justice dies and the President nominates someone and the Senate refuses to move forward for almost a year waiting for a President to come to office of their party to nominate someone else...meanwhile, 4 years later they rush a nomination through in a couple months to get it in before the same President loses an election.....is not the normal nomination process....thus...it's a form of packing the court.

• Plus1 3

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A justice dies and the President nominates someone and the Senate confirms the nominee....is normal.

A Justice dies and the President nominates someone and the Senate refuses to move forward for almost a year waiting for a President to come to office of their party to nominate someone else...meanwhile, 4 years later they rush a nomination through in a couple months to get it in before the same President loses an election.....is not the normal nomination process....thus...it's a form of packing the court.

That could be considered stacking not packing 

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

And now Nebraska is involved...

So can California sue Ohio, NC, and Florida for how they ran their election - just because they don’t like their results? This is so freaking dumb, it’s obvious this isn’t going anywhere. Also entertaining to see “state rights” republicans, suddenly so against “state rights”. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
2 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

And now Nebraska is involved...

In another time this would potentially open up a HUGE can of worms, but in current times if the Supreme Court were to actually accept this, they'll just change their minds a week later when California sues Texas.

Anyhow, time to move to Minnesota.

Eo0pTgaU0AAofJ4?format=jpg&name=medium

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm sure this is just filling all of America's enemies with untold amounts of glee.

Kudos, Republicans. 

And there goes an semblance of moral authority we had around the world when it comes to being an arbiter of fair and free elections.

Interesting timing don't you think:dunno

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/09/hunter-biden-under-federal-investigation-over-taxes.html

President-elect Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden revealed Wednesday that he is under investigation for his “tax affairs” by federal prosecutors in Delaware.

The probe was disclosed five days before Joe Biden, a former senator from Delaware, is expected to be formally selected as the next president by the Electoral College.

Hunter Biden said in a statement, “I learned yesterday for the first time that the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs.”

“I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors,” Hunter Biden said.

Hunter Biden, whose late brother Beau Biden was Delaware’s attorney general before he died, did not reveal any other details of the probe.