Ronald Delancy Enters Transfer Portal

seaofred92

3 minutes ago, uberism said:

Delancy was tweeting stuff that a player should never tweet and got called out by some of his teammates. Delancy being gone should not shock anyone. 

The IG lover (aka Flemming) wouldn't even go back to campus late in the summer and early fall. Show up when school already started. Then talks about players on IG during the week and is on there right before a football game is to be played. 

People can say whatever they want, but that type of mentality by both of these guys will never win you games. It's entitlement and you don't want those types on the football team. When they are discovered, you kick them out. 

Bingo. Spot on

Just now, JJ Husker said:

Culture is culture. You can't wait to only develope it when you are winning. The hope and plan is that the right culture will help you win games. However, the inmates don't get to run the asylum at any point. You don't make exceptions to your culture to appease young guys with lots of stars behind their name. It doesn't work that way. Anybody that's not onboard with that... don't let the door hit ya in the a$$.

While I agree with what you're saying, my point is it's just a lot harder to do when you don't have the talent that Frost is accustomed to having.. Maybe he needs to pick his battles a little bit I'm not sure.  He may be fired before his culture ever sets in at this rate.. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Culture is culture. You can't wait to only develope it when you are winning. The hope and plan is that the right culture will help you win games. However, the inmates don't get to run the asylum at any point. You don't make exceptions to your culture to appease young guys with lots of stars behind their name. It doesn't work that way. Anybody that's not onboard with that... don't let the door hit ya in the a$$.

And what exactly is this culture?  He's a young inexperienced coach.  Maybe these kids see a culture that's not working and being a part of. 

• Plus1 2

There had to be a reason the walk ons are playing. He wants to win. Favorites are guys who do what you expect them to, not feel entitled.  Maybe they can run, but they may not want or cant block. Unless you are at practice,  how can anyone realistically say he is playing the wrong guys. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Especially in a year when it doesnt count against eligibility  these young guys should have got a lot of action to get them ready.  Frost's ego is killing the team, costing wins and players.  

Ive seen some smoke that both Fleming and Delancey were missing class and not being good teammates on social media.  Not saying you’re wrong, and I’m not confirming what I saw is true, but if that is true, you can’t let guys who break the rules on the field, otherwise they run the team, not Frost.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Mastershake said:

Ive seen some smoke that both Fleming and Delancey were missing class and not being good teammates on social media.  Not saying you’re wrong, and I’m not confirming what I saw is true, but if that is true, you can’t let guys who break the rules on the field, otherwise they run the team, not Frost.

They ain't there to play school :) or whatever the hell that tweet was out of OSU a few years ago

Seems like the some just look at * and if they can play ball. Talk about selling your soul to the devil.  Good teammates, Good culture. Good for the leaders of this team calling them out. If true...which twitter and IG is true,  then take your entitled butt home.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, southernoregonhusker said:

And what exactly is this culture?  He's a young inexperienced coach.  Maybe these kids see a culture that's not working and being a part of. 

Exactly.. Frost is in a catch 22 because he's trying to establish his culture but you have to win for guys to want to be a part of it.. As stupid as it sounds I go back his first year where he just couldn't catch a break, that was an 8 win team and we ended up 5-7 and it's been down hill ever since. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Farms said:

You think? Like letting the center have 4 errant snaps before finally making a change and then putting that player right back in the second half? 

Mo's antics last year and Mills sitting.  Oz the year before.  Cam moved to center over Will, a recruited center....Yep.  Things like that.  Gebbia, O'Brien etc.....

Frost in his attempt to establish a culture is also alienating others.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Farms said:

While I agree with what you're saying, my point is it's just a lot harder to do when you don't have the talent that Frost is accustomed to having.. Maybe he needs to pick his battles a little bit I'm not sure.  He may be fired before his culture ever sets in at this rate.. 

It's entirely possible he'll run out of time to get it where he wants it. But I don't think picking your battles is an option when it comes to instilling culture. 

I think he made some exceptions for Mo Washington and I also think that hurt the team and culture development. It's just not something you can apply unevenly without it doing more harm than good.

• Plus1 3