Ronald Delancy Enters Transfer Portal

seaofred92

3 minutes ago, Mastershake said:

Ive seen some smoke that both Fleming and Delancey were missing class and not being good teammates on social media.  Not saying you’re wrong, and I’m not confirming what I saw is true, but if that is true, you can’t let guys who break the rules on the field, otherwise they run the team, not Frost.

Your smoke signals are accurate 

9 minutes ago, Farms said:

While I agree with what you're saying, my point is it's just a lot harder to do when you don't have the talent that Frost is accustomed to having.. Maybe he needs to pick his battles a little bit I'm not sure.  He may be fired before his culture ever sets in at this rate.. 

it shouldn’t take 3+ years to develop a culture.  Frost is the issue at this point until notes otherwise. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Farms said:

Exactly.. Frost is in a catch 22 because he's trying to establish his culture but you have to win for guys to want to be a part of it.. As stupid as it sounds I go back his first year where he just couldn't catch a break, that was an 8 win team and we ended up 5-7 and it's been down hill ever since. 

He had upperclassmen with speed and experience.  Unfortunately, he got rid of kids who would be upperclassmen today.  

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Especially in a year when it doesnt count against eligibility  these young guys should have got a lot of action to get them ready.  Frost's ego is killing the team, costing wins and players.  

This is the thing I will never understand.  The team record sucks and it’s a free year.  Let the younger more talented kids work out the kinks.   Nebraska  would be better off it this year never even took place at this point 

• Plus1 5

21 minutes ago, uberism said:

Delancy was tweeting stuff that a player should never tweet and got called out by some of his teammates. Delancy being gone should not shock anyone. 

The IG lover (aka Flemming) wouldn't even go back to campus late in the summer and early fall. Show up when school already started. Then talks about players on IG during the week and is on there right before a football game is to be played. 

People can say whatever they want, but that type of mentality by both of these guys will never win you games. It's entitlement and you don't want those types on the football team. When they are discovered, you kick them out. 

Bingo. Spot on

Either way it's a Frost problem. If Frost is running off talented kids, that's problem. If Frost is bringing in talented kids that don't want to put in the work, and are bad teammates - guess what, that's a Frost problem too. Hard for me to give Frost a pass because he built a roster of apparently talented d******ds who don't want to work, so he has to play walk-ons who aren't good enough to win games in the B1G. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Mo's antics last year and Mills sitting.  Oz the year before.  Cam moved to center over Will, a recruited center....Yep.  Things like that.  Gebbia, O'Brien etc.....

Frost in his attempt to establish a culture is also alienating others.

The first alienation occurred when in his first year and into the second year, he repeatedly said he needs better players in the post game press conferences.  Pretty much telling the guys he trotted out there on Saturday to get him a win, they suck.  Those quotes should NEVER have been said.  You say they're young/new/learning not that he thinks he needs to recruit someone better. 

This started the rifts between some on the team and the staff.  Guess what that kid who was called out is friends with many others on the team, and they get talking and next thing you know the nonexistent "culture" you think is being instilled is blown up.  

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 3
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Either way it's a Frost problem. If Frost is running off talented kids, that's problem. If Frost is bringing in talented kids that don't want to put in the work, and are bad teammates - guess what, that's a Frost problem too. Hard for me to give Frost a pass because he built a roster of apparently talented d******ds who don't want to work, so he has to play walk-ons who aren't good enough to win games in the B1G. 

Well said.  In college football the head coach is also the GM so it all boils up to him.  

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

it shouldn’t take 3+ years to develop a culture.  Frost is the issue at this point until notes otherwise. 

And bottom line Frost recruited all these guys.. I understand you'll always have misses but just from the last class we have Greene 4*, Francois 4*, Gray 4*, Delancey 3* (regarded as a steal), looking like Fleming 4*, Manning 4* #1 JUCO.  That's is a large chunk of talent that apparently didn't fit your culture...

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

You are correct. He either needs to help them adapt to culture or recruit better

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

The first alienation occurred when in his first year and into the second year, he repeatedly said he needs better players in the post game press conferences.  Pretty much telling the guys he trotted out there on Saturday to get him a win, they suck.  Those quotes should NEVER have been said.  You say they're young/new/learning not that he thinks he needs to recruit someone better. 

This started the rifts between some on the team and the staff.  Guess what that kid who was called out is friends with many others on the team, and they get talking and next thing you know the nonexistent "culture" you think is being instilled is blown up.  

Yep.... Staff came in and immediately rubbed some kids the wrong way but winning cures everything... Unfortunately this staff got some unlucky breaks and now nothing is going to come easy. 

• Plus1 2