Ronald Delancy Enters Transfer Portal

seaofred92

4 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am sure there are a few that I just cant think of, but how many, out of all these guys we rant about leaving over the years, actually have gone onto a different school and become super stars?  Not really worried here.

I think the book is still being written. 

4 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am sure there are a few that I just cant think of, but how many, out of all these guys we rant about leaving over the years, actually have gone onto a different school and become super stars?  Not really worried here.

The last one that transferred to a different school that did anything "big" was the RB that went to TCU. There are some transfers that get snaps and some start, but nothing earth shattering for results. Vedral starts at Rutgers but hasn't done that good. Gebbia starts at Oregon State but isn't doing anything big. O'Brien went to Colorado State and started some games, but not sure if he is still there or not. 

The last transfer that I can remember that made it to the NFL is QB that came in from California that ended up an NFL FB. For the Browns I think it is? 

9 minutes ago, HANC said:

Just for fun, I looked up Gebbia's stats so far this year. 561 yds (ranked 105th), 2 TDs (111th), 35.8 QBR (115th). I haven't heard much from all those WRs who transferred, other than Spielman being out for the year with an injury.

Think Avery Roberts was a loss, especially given that our ILBs have been a struggle. He lead Oregon State in tackles last year and currently leads them this year. But Ruud and Frost were frustrated with him in camp for a reason.

I’m not so worried that we are losing star players or anything but that we keep taking hits to our depth. But the staff can’t sacrifice culture issues for guys. If they don’t want to put in the work or be here, then it’s best they move on.

Looking up some other highly rated guys who've left in the last few years...

Maurice Washington: You know the story.

Avery Roberts: Doing pretty well at Oregon State.

Tristan Gebbia: Oregon State, 561 yds (ranked 105th), 2 TDs (111th), 35.8 QBR (115th) so far this year.

Tyjon Lindsey: Oregon State, 1 reception for 14 yards so far this year.

Keyshawn Johnson Jr: Went to Arizona, pretty sure he's not playing football anymore.

Potatoes O'Brien: Colorado State, 477 yards (114th), 3 TDs (105th), 67.1 QBR (52nd)

Cam'ron Jones: Went to SMU, 9 tackles in 9 games so far.

CJ Smith: Doesn't seem to be active. Hit the transfer portal in June 2019, and still has his goodbye tweet pinned at the top of his page.

Jaron Woodyard: Marshall Thundering Herd. Seven games in, 1 catch for 42 yards.

Greg Bell: Seems to be having a good year at San Diego State, 94 carries, 565 yards, 6.0 ypc, 6 TD.

Desmond Bland: Same JUCO as Woodyard and Bell, never made it to campus, went to Division II University of Texas Permian Basin, will probably never be heard from again.

Darien Chase: Went to FCS school Portland State, will probably never be heard from again.

Out of those twelve guys, I'd say only three of them are looking like anyone worth giving a damn about, and I don't exactly blame Frost for what went down with Washington.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

Bell is a good player but didn't deserve to start here. Had he stayed he would probably start today though, but no huge loss. The lack of success from our transfers makes me think the recruiting talk around here is a bunch of hype. Every player we recruit is a potential Pro Bowler, until they hit the field.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Toe said:

Looking up some other highly rated guys who've left in the last few years...

Maurice Washington: You know the story.

Avery Roberts: Doing pretty well at Oregon State.

Tristan Gebbia: Oregon State, 561 yds (ranked 105th), 2 TDs (111th), 35.8 QBR (115th) so far this year.

Tyjon Lindsey: Oregon State, 1 reception for 14 yards so far this year.

Keyshawn Johnson Jr: Went to Arizona, pretty sure he's not playing football anymore.

Cam'ron Jones: Went to SMU, 9 tackles in 9 games so far.

CJ Smith: Doesn't seem to be active. Hit the transfer portal in June 2019, and still has his goodbye tweet pinned at the top of his page.

Jaron Woodyard: Marshall Thundering Herd. Seven games in, 1 catch for 42 yards.

Greg Bell: Seems to be having a good year at San Diego State, 94 carries, 565 yards, 6.0 ypc, 6 TD.

Desmond Bland: Same JUCO as Woodyard and Bell, never made it to campus, went to Division II University of Texas Permian Basin, will probably never be heard from again.

Darien Chase: Went to FCS school Portland State, will probably never be heard from again.

Out of those eleven guys, I'd say only three of them are looking like anyone worth giving a damn about, and I don't exactly blame Frost for what went down with Washington.

See I think this is looking at it the wrong way. Bell, Chase, Woodyard, Key Greene, Mo, Speilman, Fleming, Omar Manning, I'm sure I'm missing some transfers and milk carton guys like Omar - but our staff was leaning on those dudes to be contributors. When those guys don't pan out or don't play, then you've put yourself in a really bad place where you are leaning on walk-ons and low star recruits to fill the void. There is a problem with development or evaluation. 

• Plus1 1