Ronald Delancy Enters Transfer Portal

seaofred92

10 hours ago, Toe said:

Just from following the Reddit board for the university I work for, I can tell you that there's a whoooole lot of doom and gloom and burnout among students this semester. I'm sure a lot of our players are feeling it, too.

Yup this year is hurting everyone's mental health, but being a first year college kid halfway across the country and then not even getting to play the sport you came for is brutal. That shouldn't be the only excuse, but we can't act like this hasn't impacted kids. 

• Plus1 1

The culture stuff is ridiculous.  HCSF needs to win first and foremost, consistently, with your most talented guys, and then build around it.  People like to play for winners.  They will wait their turn and work hard as long as they are winning.  Kind of feels like he is doing it backwards.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

I know that the back up qb is always the most popular guy (unless you are a Steelers fan like me..ha).....but listening to 1620 post game, the hosts seem to think Smothers has the happy medium between the two. Not me saying this, just sharing what was broadcast 

1 minute ago, HANC said:

I know that the back up qb is always the most popular guy (unless you are a Steelers fan like me..ha).....but listening to 1620 post game, the hosts seem to think Smothers has the happy medium between the two. Not me saying this, just sharing what was broadcast 

I’ve always thought Smothers was a better recruit than McCaffrey, and could end up being the best NU QB currently on the roster. I honestly think that once NU had Martinez and was comfortable with him, they thought they could take a project QB like Luke, and eventually move Luke to WR down the road. I don’t think anyone thought that Adrian would struggle last season and even this season to the point where Luke would be pushing him for the starting QB job. 

3 minutes ago, HANC said:

We've all had that thought, but those of us with brains realized that starting over with yet another true freshman behind center is probably not actually what needs to happen.

1 minute ago, Husker03 said:

We've all had that thought, but those of us with brains realized that starting over with yet another true freshman behind center is probably not actually what needs to happen.

Correct. I would not advocate him to start....or even play, although it wouldn't cost him other than possibly confidence.  I am just looking down the road.  SF adimitly publicly touts Luke as a star and future of program, yet Smothers isnt being mentioned.

3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Correct. I would not advocate him to start....or even play, although it wouldn't cost him other than possibly confidence.  I am just looking down the road.  SF adimitly publicly touts Luke as a star and future of program, yet Smothers isnt being mentioned.

My personal opinion is that was Scott coach speak promising Luke success in the program without explicitly stating that it would come from the QB position.. At least that is my hope.