Ronald Delancy Enters Transfer Portal

seaofred92

Carriker says this is the elephant in the room, but I suspect it's the same with every team that isn't top 25. I saw some good stuff today....then it disappeared.......that's on Frost and Chinander. I don't know why this 3 star backup is badmouthing the team but I guess I don't care that much....doesn't seem like a huge loss. Matter of fact I feel like we might be wasting scholarships on guys who aren't that bright just to fill out the roster.

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don't think it's the wrong thing to do. But at the rate it's happening, it begs the question, it it the kids or is it the staff? One or two talented kids here and there, completely justified sitting them and waving them bye when they're out the door. That being said, the list is really long under Frost, Frost has to be saying, did we have 40+ bad apples, or are we doing something wrong.

I think Frost struggles with self audit. He is supremely confident, which isnt a bad trait for a D1 head coach, but it makes me think he may be blind to something they are doing to drive these kids away. 

Interesting take. Kids are different now. It is a “play me now” mentality. We aren’t the only ones dealing with the transfer portal. College football has changed as a whole. 

The good news about the transfer portal is that there are a lot of kids out there who feel they would have a better chance playing for someone else so it does give us a better chance of replacing guys with the wrong attitude with guys that have a better one. Sucks to lose guys, but you can't make them stay if they don't want to, so while I would say, yes, it is on the coaches when this happens, it is also on them to go out and fix it. So, get out there boys and find some talent to come in and replace the diva's.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Interesting take. Kids are different now. It is a “play me now” mentality. We aren’t the only ones dealing with the transfer portal. College football has changed as a whole. 

Yes it has.. But are other programs losing their highest rated recruits at the clip we are? Most likely not.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Farms said:

Yes it has.. But are other programs losing their highest rated recruits at the clip we are? Most likely not.

Well, after seeing one of the Longhorns top recruit quit during a game, I have to disagree. This dude walked off the bench and went to locker room. They welcomed him back. I have never seen that. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, mwj98 said:

Well, after seeing one of the Longhorns top recruit quit during a game, I have to disagree. This dude walked off the bench and went to locker room. They welcomed him back. I have never seen that. 

Ya I mean at least our guys quit after the first week of practice...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Farms said:

Yea idk what the fk is going on up there but things don't feel good right now... By the way what does our recruiting class rank with all the 4* departures.

Delancy was a mid-3* guy. Fleming, though, was a solid 4*. Losing him -  at a position where we need a lot of help - hurts a lot more (assuming he's gone, which seems like a fairly safe bet at this point).

2 minutes ago, Toe said:

Delancy was a mid-3* guy. Fleming, though, was a solid 4*. Losing him -  at a position where we need a lot of help - hurts a lot more.

Not to derail this thread....but at a position where we need the most help

Absolutely!!  What is status of Manning? He was savior. Is he out of program?

1 minute ago, Toe said:

Delancy was a mid-3* guy. Fleming, though, was a solid 4*. Losing him -  at a position where we need a lot of help - hurts a lot more (assuming he's gone, which seems like a fairly safe bet at this point).

Greene 4*, Francois 4*, Gray 4*, Manning?, that's just from the last class....