What is the future of the Republican Party?

33 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

But Religion and gubment are separate so why bring Christianity into this gubment decision? 

Weird you all seem to think having these people on the streets of El Paso is better than a shelter in the NorthEast:dunno

Again, then maybe your party should stop trying to combine the two and putting themselves out there as the good Christian moral authority.  

This is a really strange hill you’re trying to did on. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Again, then maybe your party should stop trying to combine the two and putting themselves out there as the good Christian moral authority.  

I’m not trying to “did” on anything.  I think it’s really strange that people think it’s a Christian thing when it’s a government thing and the two don’t mix, remember.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not trying to “did” on anything.  I think it’s really strange that people think it’s a Christian thing when it’s a government thing and the two don’t mix, remember.  

Then your party needs to stop acting like everything they do is because god ordained them to do it.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 3

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's not an honest conversation. This is probably the worst (or just dumbest) gotcha type statement I've ever seen. The party that runs on the principle that this is a Christian nation, god and country, gays shouldn't marry because the Bible says so, abortion and family planning aren't god's will, and on, and on, and on. 

Please...

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's not an honest conversation. This is probably the worst (or just dumbest) gotcha type statement I've ever seen. The party that runs on the principle that this is a Christian nation, god and country, gays shouldn't marry because the Bible says so, abortion and family planning aren't god's will, and on, and on, and on. 

Please...

Exactly. 

9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

But Religion and gubment are separate so why bring Christianity into this gubment decision? 

Weird you all seem to think having these people on the streets of El Paso is better than a shelter in the NorthEast:dunno

When you pretend not to get it, you embarrass yourself even more.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 3
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Please...

Spot on. They simultaneously use religion as a pretext to push agendas they want - like banning gay marriage or their moronic judges allowing Hobby Lobby to ban their health insurance from proving contraceptives - when religion warrants it BUT calling out the use of human beings as political pawns going against religious teachings goes to far. It's pathetic, but pathetic is what Republicans are.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's his go to shtick when he can't defend the indefensible. He'll still vote for the indefensible though. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ehhh…when people can’t understand which is more “Christian like” between living on the streets in a Texas city or in a shelter in the NorthEast, that’s pretty embarrassing.  

It’s just virtue signaling at its finest and then to pretend the conversation isn’t honest Is just  :lol::laughpound:blink: 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Ehhh…when people can’t understand which is more “Christian like” between living on the streets in a Texas city or in a shelter in the NorthEast, that’s pretty embarrassing.  

If this was about a choice between living on the streets in Texas or a shelter in the Northeast, you'd have a point.

It's not and you don't. 

Your "zingers' are embarrassing, too. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
10 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If this was about a choice between living on the streets in Texas or a shelter in the Northeast, you'd have a point.

It's not and you don't. 

Your "zingers' are embarrassing, too. 

Yep!  Everyone in this country should be able to choose everything.  it is simple.

• TBH 1