What is the future of the Republican Party?

16 hours ago, knapplc said:

Can I fly my Biden flag in backwater Mussurrah?

Because that trope works in a lot of places. Dunnit?

I don't follow this sub forum really at all anymore. This thread just popped up for me and I wanted to reply.

A person is just as safe visiting the shiny metal bean thing in the day as you'd be grabbing some food from Cultiva at 11th & 'G' over lunch. But roll down to Garfield Park for an Italian Beef after dark as compared to getting a coffee from that same Cultiva and then going for a walk in the south bottoms after dark...no comparison.

The trip to Garfield Park is dangerous af, and the murder rates back that up.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe check out how the question was framed and you will understand why it wasn’t answered.  He doesn’t care about the answer.  He just wanted his narrative out in the form of a question 

Which you could've refuted. My narrative is accurate: Republicans are crazy and live in an alternate reality, and they do so because they get support from people like you. 

No matter how destructive the policy, party loyalty is always going to win out. 

I poke your buttons because it's easy and because you're a perfect microcosm for what's going on in this country. If I ask you to estimate how many deaths Trump caused by politicizing mask wearing, you can't answer. Because answering would make you admit that your party is responsible for harm, and maybe your continued support has something to do with that as well. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Undone said:

I don't follow this sub forum really at all anymore. This thread just popped up for me and I wanted to reply.

A person is just as safe visiting the shiny metal bean thing in the day as you'd be grabbing some food from Cultiva at 11th & 'G' over lunch. But roll down to Garfield Park for an Italian Beef after dark as compared to getting a coffee from that same Cultiva and then going for a walk in the south bottoms after dark...no comparison.

The trip to Garfield Park is dangerous af, and the murder rates back that up.

Now do per-capita murder rates.

Because - funny story - Chicago is WAY behind a Mussurrah city - Kansas City.  It's behind Shreveport, Little Rock, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Memphis, Baton Rouge and Baltimore. 

You know what the number one per-capita murder city in America is?  St. Louis, Mussurrah. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Because - funny story - Chicago is WAY behind a Mussurrah city - Kansas City.  It's behind Shreveport, Little Rock, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Memphis, Baton Rouge and Baltimore. 

You know what the number one per-capita murder city in America is?  St. Louis, Mussurrah. 

I definitely trust your stats for sure.

I started following a YouTuber from Chicago last year who goes down and hangs out (on his motorcycle, hard to explain the setup) in various neighborhood and then talks crime stats as he's doing it.

As it pertains to a comparison of "danger" between Lincoln & Chicago I don't believe there's any comparison. But as you mention, there's way more than one method/metric to measure danger.

And St. Louis being #1 is not surprising.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I'm not sure why you're making that comparison, as it's not any part of the conversation being had. 

On page 132 you had said:

"We just spent the weekend in Chicago, a city the right-wingers would like you to believe is a hellscape of violence and fear.

Nope. We had a great time. As safe there as we are here in Lincoln."

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Which you could've refuted. My narrative is accurate: Republicans are crazy and live in an alternate reality, and they do so because they get support from people like you. 

No matter how destructive the policy, party loyalty is always going to win out. 

I poke your buttons because it's easy and because you're a perfect microcosm for what's going on in this country. If I ask you to estimate how many deaths Trump caused by politicizing mask wearing, you can't answer. Because answering would make you admit that your party is responsible for harm, and maybe your continued support has something to do with that as well. 

Ok.   Enjoy!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Funny you listed almost all Democrat strong holds. Especially the ones in Mussurrah.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ok.   Enjoy!!

That's all you got? No coherent defense? Not even some regurgitation of Newsmax talking points? I'm disappointed. I thought you could muster something to defend disastrous policies leading to the deaths of a few hundred thousand Americans. Or heck, even denying healthcare to the poor. 

I'll ask you an easy one: if Trump runs again in 2024 against Biden, are you voting for him? 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

That's all you got? No coherent defense? Not even some regurgitation of Newsmax talking points? I'm disappointed. I thought you could muster something to defend disastrous policies leading to the deaths of a few hundred thousand Americans. Or heck, even denying healthcare to the poor. 

I'll ask you an easy one: if Trump runs again in 2024 against Biden, are you voting for him? 

That’s all I got.  Sorry bout that. Maybe next time 

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

haven't you heard?  he won't have to.....the republicans are going to oust biden and harris and install trump as president in august.   at least that is what was shared at the last CPAC