What is the future of the Republican Party?

This pisses me off. Not just because he is playing into this fear, but that it works. 

Our cities are not hell holes. Are there parts of cities that have issues? Yes, but that has always been and always will be. He’s playing into the fact that most of his base is rural and many have never been to or spent time in our largest cities. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Don't forget, this minority party destroying the country represents the will of the people! @Archy1221would vote for her instead of any name with a "D" next to it.

The political future of our country is screwed, but at least it's morbidly funny. 

I don’t live in Tennessee there Chief :dunno  I applaud the effort it took to write that though:thumbs

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This pisses me off. Not just because he is playing into this fear, but that it works. 

Our cities are not hell holes. Are there parts of cities that have issues? Yes, but that has always been and always will be. He’s playing into the fact that most of his base is rural and many have never been to or spent time in our largest cities. 

JD is safe....zombies are looking for brains to eat so he has nothing to fear.

7 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Because you didn't want to address the assertion? :dunno

Exactly. My assertion was if that Senator was in his state,  @Archy1221would vote for them. 

Voting for a crazy, America hating, conspiracy driving, and science denying GOP Senator is still better than voting for *gasp* A DEMOCRAT! 

PS - Do you think her continued support of Trump and his mask denying policies have lead to the deaths of people in her state? I bet so, but I believe in science which may not be in your wheelhouse, no worries if you don't want to answer. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

This is the 100% pure definition of needs to be taken down a few notches.

Boebert and her ilk are of the same cloth as crazy megachurch preachers brainwashing people into fearmongering and tricking them into giving away their money. Only to fill their own pockets and continue to exacerbate corruption in politics without a care about actually fixing a single thing that helps people who need it. This is the Republican party of today. At least you'll think you saved your guns. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Exactly. My assertion was if that Senator was in his state,  @Archy1221would vote for them. 

Voting for a crazy, America hating, conspiracy driving, and science denying GOP Senator is still better than voting for *gasp* A DEMOCRAT! 

PS - Do you think her continued support of Trump and his mask denying policies have lead to the deaths of people in her state? I bet so, but I believe in science which may not be in your wheelhouse, no worries if you don't want to answer. 

:blink:

• Plus1 1

I just read that the CPAC “who do you want for 2024” straw poll put the Trumpmister at 70%, DeSantis at 21%. No one else came close. Not sure who attended CPAC. Probably those further to the right. 

Edit: found another article. DeSantis was 21%. Makes more sense.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We just spent the weekend in Chicago, a city the right-wingers would like you to believe is a hellscape of violence and fear.

Nope. We had a great time. As safe there as we are here in Lincoln.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We just spent the weekend in Chicago, a city the right-wingers would like you to believe is a hellscape of violence and fear.

Nope. We had a great time. As safe there as we are here in Lincoln.

Just don't fly your Puerto Rican flag in the park.

As with any large city, you stay in the right areas, you'll be fine.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

:blink:

I understand your trepidation in answering. I wouldn't want to ponder how the politicians I vote for and support lead to the harm of people either.

Seriously, poking your buttons and asking you simple questions you can't answer is kind of entertaining. I mean, I asked if you would vote for a Democrat OR an insane, conspiracy peddling, America hating, Healthcare defunding and people harming Republican Senator and you refused to answer. This is hilarious. 

• Plus1 3