What is the future of the Republican Party?

50 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Wow....

Do I really have to explain the connection and what Scalise's intention was?  You quoted a tweet which says:

By perpetuating the "Big Lie" which Scalise is doing by throwing shade on it's validity, he is helping to set up the attempt by Trump to actually steal the 2024 election which is patently obvious what is happening to anyone other than the gullible or those who are perfectly fine with it.  Which are you?  There really isn't any other option.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/10/08/fiona-hill-book-donald-trump-515660

Anyway, Scalise being shot has exactly what to do with his participation in the erosion of our democracy?  He's understandably angry so the answer is to throw the country into a constitutional crisis?  How noble.

BTW if seeing through Trump and his crawlers' assault on democracy, believing in science over hocus pocus, and believing that the right to vote is fundamental to the survival of democracy makes one a liberal I'll gladly carry that mantel over the alternative.

If I was shot, while playing baseball, in the name of Progressive politics, I would tend to be skeptical too.

I don't see "the erosion of our Democracy" as clearly as you do I guess.

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

See my other replies. 

20 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

If I was shot, while playing baseball, in the name of Progressive politics, I would tend to be skeptical too.

What are you even talking about? Refusing to acknowledge that an election was not stolen has nothing to do with progressive or liberal or conservative politics.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What are you even talking about? Refusing to acknowledge that an election was not stolen has nothing to do with progressive or liberal or conservative politics.

Okay, so explain 2016. There is still talk on social media about Trump winning/not winning.

You are right in that his hesitancy is likely less from getting shot and more from current right-wing views. 

(I know, I know...whataboutism)

58 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Okay, so explain 2016. There is still talk on social media about Trump winning/not winning.

You are right in that his hesitancy is likely less from getting shot and more from current right-wing views. 

Wait, you aren’t talking of things like HRC going on the VIEW saying Trump wasn’t a legitimate President are you?  Or that Stacey Abrams still thinks she is the Governor of GA?  No way those things don’t “damage our Democracy”. I guess it only gets counted one way. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Wait, you aren’t talking of things like HRC going on the VIEW saying Trump wasn’t a legitimate President are you?  Or that Stacey Abrams still thinks she is the Governor of GA?  No way those things don’t “damage our Democracy”. I guess it only gets counted one way. 

These are nice deflections, but the discussion is about Scalise refusing to acknowledge the 2020 election was not stolen. People that aren't acknowledging Trump won in 2016 are morons, but those morons don't excuse Scalise. But I do notice neither of you pushback or criticize Scalise before trying to deflect. Future of the Republican party indeed.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, RedDenver said:

These are nice deflections, but the discussion is about Scalise refusing to acknowledge the 2020 election was not stolen. People that aren't acknowledging Trump won in 2016 are morons, but those morons don't excuse Scalise. But I do notice neither of you pushback or criticize Scalise before trying to deflect. Future of the Republican party indeed.

No deflection. Steve Scalise can answer or not answer, of his own accord. You can then draw your own inferences.

I think Steve Scalise is a moron for not answering. He could even say "of course Joe Biden is the President, he's the one in the White House."

No mention of stealing elections or fraudulent votes, so whatever he believes personally doesn't come into play.

14 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

So you're in the gullible category not the "I'm perfectly fine with the current assault on democracy category". 

• Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

No deflection. Steve Scalise can answer or not answer, of his own accord. You can then draw your own inferences.

I think Steve Scalise is a moron for not answering. He could even say "of course Joe Biden is the President, he's the one in the White House."

No mention of stealing elections or fraudulent votes, so whatever he believes personally doesn't come into play.

Agreed

• Plus1 2

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

And I'll put you down in the "fine with the assault on democracy camp".  

Did HRC concede? 

Was there a peaceful transfer of power? 

Was there an insurrection on the Capitol which we all saw on line be tv? 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

And I'll put you down in the "fine with the assault on democracy camp".  

Did HRC concede? 

Was there a peaceful transfer of power? 

Was there an insurrection on the Capitol which we all saw on line be tv? 

There was a peaceful transfer of power. On January 20th. 

• Haha 1

The “Trump takeover,” as Harris put it, goes beyond mere political symbolism.

In many counties, the local activists are the backbone of the party’s operation, working to recruit candidates, raise cash and knock on doors. They also often help set the agenda for what local and state officials should advocate — and what they should oppose.

It reflects a broader trend as Trump loyalists wage internal war on mainstream Republicans who long controlled the gears of power. Some were encouraged by former Trump adviser Steve Bannon’s call to “take this back village by village” by seizing control of the GOP machinery from the ground up.

59 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

So you're in the gullible category not the "I'm perfectly fine with the current assault on democracy category". 

Then I guess you are in the super hyperbolic, every single thing that doesn't agree with my world view is an assault on Democracy, category. 

• Fire 1