What is the future of the Republican Party?

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's like saying the current state of crime in America is caused both by the criminals and the cops. 

One is acting, the other is reacting. It's not 100%/0%, but it's certainly not 50/50.

You keep blaming "both sides" when Republicans are clearly unequivocally attacking the foundation of our democracy, and have promoted and continue to support the worst office-holder in our nation's history.

The problem with republican apologists is they cannot admit their party is at fault. They continue to vote republican despite the evidence of their own eyes. 

I will give you that it might not be 50/50. 

I have been a lifelong registered R. I am no longer.

I have NEVER voted Republican just because of the letter. I have likely cast more D votes in the 2nd half of my life.

Just because I don't see or vocalize every position as you do, or feel I need to, doesn't make me wrong. 

If you think your opinion or viewpoint matters more than mine, well then I can't help you.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I understand the attempt at deflection, but we're not talking about him, we're talking about you apologizing for republican behavior. 

The idea that you really believe that you can tell me to apologize for...well, anything...is laughable.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

This nation has many “deplorables” that vote both ways.  But  Trump actually latched on to the ones that voted GOP and riled them up.  We all are aware of the “fine people on both sides” and “lock her up” comments.  He pandered to the worst.  And unfortunately many good and descent GOP voters grouped themselves into the “deplorable” category because they simply identified as Trump voters.

The bold is where Trump sets himself apart from all other candidates.  There are horrible people on both sides.  However, Trump locked into that group on his side and made THEM his base.  That gave them legitimacy and that should never happen.  That is not being a good leader of our country.

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I have NEVER voted Republican just because of the letter. I have likely cast more D votes in the 2nd half of my life.

Just because I don't see or vocalize every position as you do, or feel I need to, doesn't make me wrong. 

If you think your opinion or viewpoint matters more than mine, well then I can't help you.

Actions speak louder than words. The last few pages of Republican apologies - and specifically trump apologies - say way more than this paper thin denial.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Actions speak louder than words. The last few pages of Republican apologies - and specifically trump apologies - say way more than this paper thin denial.

I have explained my stance...numerous times. You should likely take a step back on these types of allegations.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I have explained my stance...numerous times. You should likely take a step back on these types of allegations.

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I expected nothing less as a response. Thanks.

You got that response because you are. These are your posts, are they not?

On 10/11/2021 at 10:07 PM, DevoHusker said:

Well...he was shot, while playing baseball, by a Bernie Bro with a Republican hit list in his pocket, so...

23 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Then I guess you are in the super hyperbolic, every single thing that doesn't agree with my world view is an assault on Democracy, category. 

"Yes, I would," Van Drew, who switched parties and became a Republican in 2019 to defend Trump during his first impeachment proceedings, said when asked if he would back the ex-President if he ran again in 2024.
The southern New Jersey congressman, whose district narrowly backed Trump last year, bluntly said that he does not think Trump is responsible for the events of January 6, contending that the former President didn't call for violence.
"I do not," Van Drew said. "I think that people are responsible for their own actions."

A complete circle? I said he doesn't have to answer anything he doesn't want to answer. You act like he (or I) owe you something. Just like Scalise, I can answer whatever I want, however I want. 

I said I can understand Scalise to be wary due to his being shot by a progressive Dem conspirator. It would tend to taint his view of anything that might be remotely construed as underhanded on the part of Dems. I explained how I think Scalise could have/should have answered.  

17 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Wait...? I thought

Trump got beat by 10 million votes...he isn't the President. Why in the world would you, or any other Liberal be worried about him 3 years from now...? TDS indeed.

17 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

The hyperpartizanship is more due to Dems bloviating about Trump incessantly for the last 5 years with no tangible results, other than him not being re-elected.

As to your dam adage, you might be right but it wouldn't be focused on him...(ring leader)

13 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I have been sitting at a funeral visitation since about 3. I want to say sorry to those of you who assumed that my previous post meant that I believe Dems started the hyper-partisanship 5 years ago. They did not start it any more than Reps did. There was not nearly the issue in the 8 years under Obama than what it became in 4 years under Trump. My point was that the constant onslaught about Trump, and his "deplorable" voters fanned the flames to a conflagration. It has now gotten to the point the Trump followers will never back down or backtrack, because Trump pushed and pushed and they reciprocated.  

Hearing everyday that you are stupid or criminal does not lend itself to concessions very often.

I'm not the only one who believes these are apologies for trump, trumpism and attempts to blame Democrats for trump, trumpism and hyperpartisanship. It was explained to you in great detail how that's wrong. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Your speaking of the people here who say, Cheeto Head, Fat Toad, Orange Man, Russian Stooge I guess. 

Yeah, I am totally for making fun of public figures but I remember making fun of Hillary and I got "in trouble" for it here, but it was totally fine to make fun of Cheeto Head (again, totally fine with it and in fact most of the time it is funny)

But making fun of Hillary was not okay.

Mostly because people love to live by the old, do as I say, not as I do, motto.

With that said, I wish they made a crayola color called "Trump Orange" 

• Thanks 3
57 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Why do you even bother? You know what you're going to get. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1