What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great job Republicans. :bang

Lol.... "We had Rudy Giuliani going through pieces of evidence, affidavits, umm and things"

None of which were presented in a court of law.  And the anchor says the results weren't accurate.  Yet none of these accusations are ever presented.  Why?  Because there weren't any.  It's like the party of law and order has failed to realize that the courts are the final arbiters of "law and order".

Gaslighting at it's finest

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, commando said:

i hope he is wrong...but it does seem likely.  

And the Trumpists who are good with this are going to be in for a rude awakening when the economy entirely collapses.  Good times ahead.  Over what?  Contrived grievances?  

8 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Well...he was shot, while playing baseball, by a Bernie Bro with a Republican hit list in his pocket, so...

So he got hit in the area of the brain that makes one have a little bit of trepidation about wanting to overturn our democracy and plunge our country into an authoritarian, tyrannical dictatorship?  I didn't know that.  Thanks.

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did @DevoHusker say that?  The correct answer is no.  Thanks.  

Thanks, no I didn't. My point was in regards to the election, as was the linked tweet. @Scarlet notably went straight jump to the standard Liberal line of "overturning Democracy and authoritarian tyrannical dictatorships..." I didn't see that topic mentioned. 

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks, no I didn't. My point was in regards to the election, as was the linked tweet. @Scarlet notably went straight jump to the standard Liberal line of "overturning Democracy and authoritarian tyrannical dictatorships..." I didn't see that topic mentioned. 

Wow....

Do I really have to explain the connection and what Scalise's intention was?  You quoted a tweet which says:

Steve Scalise on Fox News Sunday repeatedly refuses to acknowledge that the 2020 election was not stolen from Donald Trump

By perpetuating the "Big Lie" which Scalise is doing by throwing shade on it's validity, he is helping to set up the attempt by Trump to actually steal the 2024 election which is patently obvious what is happening to anyone other than the gullible or those who are perfectly fine with it.  Which are you?  There really isn't any other option.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/10/08/fiona-hill-book-donald-trump-515660

I feel like we’re at a really critical and very dangerous inflection point in our society, and if Trump — this is not on an ideological basis, this is just purely on an observational basis based on the larger international historical context — if he makes a successful return to the presidency in 2024, democracy’s done. Because it will be on the back of a lie. A fiction. And I think we have to bear that in mind. And I was hoping that with the book, I might be able to reach out, because I’m not a partisan person, to people who care very much about the United States and about its democracy to really think about this long and hard.

I find it deeply disturbing that the number one identity that people put forward in polls now is whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican rather than an American or someone from a particular region. Even religious or ethnic/racial identifiers seem to be subsumed in this in some of the polling. And so, you know, those of us who are independent in mind and practice but politically engaged, where do we fit into all of this? We used to fit into America. I have a lot of friends who are immigrants like myself who have been here for a long time, who come from many, many different places — not all from Europe. And they say, “This is not the America I came to. This is not the America we chose to come to.” And they were deeply disturbed by this. But many people fled these kinds of authoritarian or autocratic regimes, which are highly personalized, deny social mobility and where you have kleptocratic cliques of cronies who are really trying to take charge of policy, and that’s what this [deep polarization] is about. This is not about ideology. It is a manipulation of particular social issues — abortion, immigration, all kinds of issues.

Anyway, Scalise being shot has exactly what to do with his participation in the erosion of our democracy?  He's understandably angry so the answer is to throw the country into a constitutional crisis?  How noble.

BTW if seeing through Trump and his crawlers' assault on democracy, believing in science over hocus pocus, and believing that the right to vote is fundamental to the survival of democracy makes one a liberal I'll gladly carry that mantel over the alternative.

• Plus1 1