What is the future of the Republican Party?

The second Republican debate was a sad display. Between Pence claiming he should repeal the Green New Deal (which isn't law), Scott claiming that the Great Society programs were more difficult than slavery, and complete nonsense on nearly every economic point they attempt to make... this was a national embarrassment. 

It's no wonder Trump increases his lead over this pack of clowns despite racking up felony charges on a monthly basis.

I'd like to thank Trump voters for squandering this period of time while Republicans had massive electoral college advantages. Now this party is a shell of its former self, devoid of values, morally bankrupt, and who's favorite candidates are grifters, criminals, or a combination of both.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
14 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

There isn't a conspiracy in the world a segment of the Republican Party won't cling to.

9 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Just another example in a very long list of examples mind you of how practically anyone can run on the Republican ticket AND still manage to actually get elected.  

This is a sad reminder that Alabama did, in fact, send their best to the Senate.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I like George as an actor and really don't give a crap about actor's politics.  But, that was pretty spot on.

I understand actors can be really annoying and stupid sometimes, but this is a good example of why I think blanket statements about them shutting up about politics can be stupid also. Lots and lots of actors either came from nothing or came from blue collar backgrounds, and often times even the wealthy ones are saying taxes should be higher on the wealthy. I have way less problem with that than I do with some of the bulls#!t the actual politicians say and do.

And when it comes to Trump, the dumbest thing about his voters/fans/cult is that they think he gives a f#&% at all about any blue collar/farm related issues. The dude has probably never been on a farm or in a small town his entire life other than maybe a photo op in the past 7 years. He has never given a crap about them and never will. He's as elitest as elitest can get.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I understand actors can be really annoying and stupid sometimes, but this is a good example of why I think blanket statements about them shutting up about politics can be stupid also. Lots and lots of actors either came from nothing or came from blue collar backgrounds, and often times even the wealthy ones are saying taxes should be higher on the wealthy. I have way less problem with that than I do with some of the bulls#!t the actual politicians say and do.

And when it comes to Trump, the dumbest thing about his voters/fans/cult is that they think he gives a f#&% at all about any blue collar/farm related issues. The dude has probably never been on a farm or in a small town his entire life other than maybe a photo op in the past 7 years. He has never given a crap about them and never will. He's as elitest as elitest can get.

I have absolutely no problem with a celebrity voicing their opinion.  What I get tired of is people who actually think their opinions somehow carry more weight than anyone else.  Yes, they might be from a blue collar background.  But, still, some are totally clueless about various aspects of certain issues.....but, they have a microphone to speak into for millions to hear and other people who might know way more than them don't.

And....yes...we agree on Trump.  Him acting like somehow he knows more about working class than almost anyone...is laughable.

• TBH 1
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have absolutely no problem with a celebrity voicing their opinion.  What I get tired of is people who actually think their opinions somehow carry more weight than anyone else.  Yes, they might be from a blue collar background.  But, still, some are totally clueless about various aspects of certain issues.....but, they have a microphone to speak into for millions to hear and other people who might know way more than them don't.

And....yes...we agree on Trump.  Him acting like somehow he knows more about working class than almost anyone...is laughable.

Ya, I don't think it moves the needle much. I like the ones that actually help people or try to, and Clooney is one of those.

• TBH 2