What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Who are the bigger jokes….him or the people who have supported him?

The supporters for being morons. This whole charade is just so he can say "it was a corrupt lib judge!' because he's guilty as s#!t.

Which, to be clear to the Trump voters out there, has been clear and obvious for decades. You're just gullible and are easily manipulated. So, please, do America a favor and kindly refrain from voting or being involved in politics going forward. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
14 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The supporters for being morons. This whole charade is just so he can say "it was a corrupt lib judge!' because he's guilty as s#!t.

Which, to be clear to the Trump voters out there, has been clear and obvious for decades. You're just gullible and are easily manipulated. So, please, do America a favor and kindly refrain from voting or being involved in politics going forward. 

People shouldn’t vote for trump this cycle, they should vote for DeSantis, Scott, or Haley.  We all already know this.  

What they shouldn’t do is vote for the wealth destroying administration know as The Big Guy’s.  If you want to know the biggest reason why Biden’s admin approval is in the tank and historically awful?  Just take a look at the NASDAQ, RUSSELL 2000, S&P 500, and DOW.   People aren’t stupid and see the values of their 401k’s or stock accounts and bank accounts being stagnant or declining for just shy of 3 years now.   Hell, if it weren’t for 5 tech companies, things would be in the awful range for all indeces instead of just bad.   

So keep voting cause unlike you I don’t believe in suppressing voters, let’s just hope people like you don’t vote in numbers big enough to win.  It would be nice to get wealth creation back!!!

• Haha 4
  • TBH 3
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

So keep voting cause unlike you I don’t believe in suppressing voters, let’s just hope people like you don’t vote in numbers big enough to win.  

Wait, you think someone requesting that others, "kindly refrain from voting" counts as voter suppression?

21 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yep, it is valued right up there with the Louisiana Purchase.   I think not.  His postage stamp size lot is worth a bit more than 1.5 million not billion.  I think he got his 'm's and 'b's mixed up. 

https://www.thoughtco.com/louisiana-purchase-1435017

The Louisiana Purchase was an incredible deal for the United States, the final cost totaling less than five cents per acre at $15 million (about $283 million in today's dollars). France's land was mainly unexplored wilderness, and so the fertile soils and other valuable natural resources we know are present today might not have been factored in the relatively low cost at the time.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

People shouldn’t vote for trump this cycle, they should vote for DeSantis, Scott, or Haley.  We all already know this.  

What they shouldn’t do is vote for the wealth destroying administration know as The Big Guy’s.  If you want to know the biggest reason why Biden’s admin approval is in the tank and historically awful?  Just take a look at the NASDAQ, RUSSELL 2000, S&P 500, and DOW.   People aren’t stupid and see the values of their 401k’s or stock accounts and bank accounts being stagnant or declining for just shy of 3 years now.   Hell, if it weren’t for 5 tech companies, things would be in the awful range for all indeces instead of just bad.   

So keep voting cause unlike you I don’t believe in suppressing voters, let’s just hope people like you don’t vote in numbers big enough to win.  It would be nice to get wealth creation back!!!

We agree that everyone shouldn't vote for Trump and people like him.

But...if you want people to vote for Republicans, they need to come up with candidates that appeal to the majority of people who aren't MAGA.

So far, they have failed to do that.  And....since the vast majority of Republican voters are still MAGA, they aren't going to nominate someone who isn't MAGA.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

One of the most myopic takes I've ever read.  I guess the point is "Vote Republican because unprecedented chaos, divisiveness, and a headlong plunge into an authoritarian future is great for my 401k".   Despite the historical trend that the economy performs better under Democratic presidents than Republican.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

One of the most myopic takes I've ever read.  I guess the point is "Vote Republican because unprecedented chaos, divisiveness, and a headlong plunge into an authoritarian future is great for my 401k".   Despite the historical trend that the economy performs better under Democratic presidents than Republican.  :facepalm:

It speaks to their unserious nature. The United States has never been more wealthy, and the gap between the United States and peer nations is widening. This idea that the challenges the world faces: post covid economic recover, Russian war aggression disrupting trade, and coordinated OPEC oil cuts, would all be magically nonexistent under a Republican is just stupid. But it's all Republicans really have with no substance to campaign on. 

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

For the last time, me asking Trump voters to refrain from voting is not voter suppression. I'm simply notifying you people that the guy you twice voted for is currently (losing) one of many court battles and most recently got hit with a gag order after threatening a Court clerk.

I know that might come as a surprise to you. Just know,  it's okay to be duped by a career criminal, it happens. Just because a lot of us saw this coming and spent years warning you about it doesn't mean you're a criminal too. It just means you have poor political judgment and it's best for America that you refrain from voting because you might endanger America... AGAIN.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
22 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It speaks to their unserious nature. The United States has never been more wealthy, and the gap between the United States and peer nations is widening.

This speaks to an unserious nature of understanding wealth and how it affects an individuals current living and potential retirement living.   People vote with their pocket books and It’s one big reason why The Big Guy sits at 34% approval rating and your policies have given the populace a $10,000 haircut in spending power.  Great Job!! :flush

• Haha 4
  • TBH 2